- 40 years experience as team leader or senior environmental/social impact assessment (E/SIA), construction environmental monitoring specialist, and compliance review of major internatrional financial institutions' environmental policy and regulations.
- Cost-effective onsite or remote management of E/SIA, preparation of Environmental Management and Monitoring Plans (EMMPs)
- 18 countries and 16 states of the USA
- M.S., Conservation, School of Natural Resources & Environment, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Graduate studies, Forest, Wildlife and Range Management, Utah State University, Logan
- B.A., English Literature/Political Science, Swarthmore College, Pennsylvania
Most recently completed two reviews/revisions of environmental policy regulations and a selected EIA. Previously completed a remotely managed project for WorldFish and USAID Myanmar:
Prepare USAID Environmental Review (ER) and Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Program (EMMP) for small-scale aquaculture project involving 10,000 farmers, feed millers, fish processors and others in the central and northern Ayeyarwady River basin. Applied USAID Reg. 216, World Bank ESS, REDD+ (Cancun) Safeguards, and Myanmar environmental standards. Due to the COVID-19 crisis which restricts international and intra-country travel, the project was handled in a novel way and at low cost by using an array of telecommunications technologies (360° camera, drone, MS Teams meeting and shared data, etc.) coupled with support by national research assistant and client field personnel. Considerable cost savings (20-25 percent) were saved by avoiding consultant international travel and in-country lodging, travel, other support, and per diems.