Award-winning sustainability and climate change consultant with 9+ years of experience in developing and executing environmental programmes for Caribbean governments and organisations. Critical to the success of projects with a combined value of over US$ 17,000,000 in the areas of environmental science, policy and finance. Leads multidisciplinary teams of 10+ specialists. Advanced qualifications in Environmental Studies, Environmental & Social Risk Assessment and Conflict Resolution.
Core Competencies: Climate Change Mitigation, Adaptation, Resilience & Finance | Environmental & Social Safeguards (ESS) | Disaster Risk Management (DRM) | Green Banking | Policy & Programme Development | Stakeholder Engagement | Biodiversity | Gender | Capacity Building | Multilateral Environmental Agreements.
Past Geographies: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago.
Agencies Supported: CCCCC | GCF | GEF | IFRC | UNDP| USAID
- Prepared multi-year work plans and programmes to strengthen disaster management and climate resilience in 6+ Red Cross-National Societies and Overseas Territories.
- Prepared the 2018 National Environmental Policy, 2021 Climate Change National Adaptation Plan, 2021 Long-term Low Emissions Development Strategy and 2022 Updated National Climate Change Policy for Trinidad and Tobago.
- Prepared Action Plans to enable direct access to the Green Climate Fund for organisations in Belize and Trinidad.
- Pioneered the sustainable banking Action Plan for the Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Co-developed the Green Strategy and Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) for First Citizens Bank.
- Created models to assess and manage the environmental and social risk of 1700+ developments projects.
- Co-developed environmental policies, reports and assessments for 8+ Caribbean governments.
- 1st Project Coordinator for award-winning national recycling programme valued at US$15,000,000.
- 1st Trinidad and Tobago national to be certified in Environmental and Social Risk Assessment for Financial Institutions.
- 2021 recipient of the National Youth Award for Excellence in Science and Technology for climate change efforts.