Junior Energy Efficiency / Low Carbon Analyst
Type: Entry level
Deadline: 21 March, 2022
About the role
Juru Energy is looking for a Junior Energy Efficiency / Low Carbon Analyst for our Energy Systems Advisory practice in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. You will be a part of the team working on interesting energy efficiency and low carbon assignments (technical and financial) for some of the most high-profile energy projects in the region.
- Support the Energy System Advisory team in projects and assignments related to energy efficiency in various sectors (buildings, industry, SMEs, transport, etc.);
- Prepare questionnaires, conduct surveys, analyze data;
- Support the team in preparation of energy efficiency recommendations (providing technical and financial justification);
- Assist with design and calculations of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, carbon emissions calculation, life cycle assessment (LCA);
- Assist in identifying optimal solutions for heating/cooling of buildings (heat pumps of all types, solar heating, etc.);
- Analyze building regulations, building codes, and norms with a focus on energy efficiency;
- Perform current and best available technologies assessments in terms of energy efficiency through desktop review;
- Assist in identifying new business opportunities and initiatives in terms of energy efficiency from IFIs, foreign and local private parties;
- Assist in proposal preparation, contracting experts, and follow-up financial procedures.
If you meet the requirements and qualifications listed below and are interested in the position, we will be glad to hear from you. Please submit your CV along with a brief cover letter explaining your interest to work with us.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (heating engineering preferred)
- 0-2 year of experience in engineering and/or in consulting (energy efficiency preferred)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications (particularly MS Excel)
- Good knowledge of English and Russian, particularly written
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, friendly manner, and team player