Junior Energy Analyst / Economist
Type: Entry level
Deadline: 28 March, 2022
About the role
Juru Energy is looking for a Junior Energy Analyst / Economist with a desire to work in the energy sector to join our Energy Systems Advisory practice in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. You will be part of the team to support Juru in delivering advisory services related to sustainable energy transitions, including but not limited to working with energy data, energy system/market analysis, modelling transition pathways across some of the most high-profile energy projects in the region.
Energy sector experience is not critical and we encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Undertake data gathering, validation and analysis (energy and related economic analysis), both independently and collaboratively with ESA colleagues and across other Juru teams;
- Assist in economic and financial analysis of investments into RE and Energy efficiency projects, calculating their NPV, IRR, sensitivity analysis;
- Support in conducting market studies and modelling;
- Liaise with and maintain client and partner relationships in terms of data acquisition, validation, improvement of data quality which is already with Juru, and overall data management;
- Support in organization of project-related events, incl. but not limited to meetings, workshops and conferences, as required; document the events by taking records and preparing relevant summary reports and memos;
- Engage in organizational part of site-visits and missions – coordinate logistics, prepare schedule and budget;
- Contribute to team efforts in drafting and reviewing various project-related documentation
- Support team in BD process, preparatory research on potential bids and key stakeholders, developing EOI, technical and financial proposals;
- Communicate the outcomes of analyses and produce analytics with engaging charts and graphics, using variety of software tools, such as Microsoft Office
- Performing En-Ru-En / En-Uz-En translations
- Undertake other ad-hoc tasks, which are appropriate to the level of the position.
If you meet the requirements and qualifications listed below, and are interested in the position, we will be glad to hear from you. Please submit your CV along with a brief cover letter explaining your interest to work with us.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business management or similar
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Results-driven team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications, in particular MS Excel
- Excellent command of English, Russian (Uzbek will be an advantage) particularly written
- General understanding of energy sector issues
- Experience in preparation of policy briefs and reports with economic assessments is an asset
- Analytical judgement and ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines