SNV Netherlands Development is one of the largest Dutch not-for-profit development organisations with operations in more than 25 countries Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNV aims to lift up incomes and access to basic services. We make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty, helping them raise incomes and access basic services. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, we are dedicated to a society in which all people are free to pursue their own sustainable development, and no one is left behind. This commitment to equity directs us to focus on gender and youth.
We apply our know-how to deliver results at scale worldwide. We do this through our local presence and know-how to realise effective solutions and our specialised expertise on agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Our projects directly benefit millions of people. At the same time, projects drive systems change, which helps many more people work their way out of poverty, well beyond the scope of projects. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation, implementing our mission exclusively through project financing. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence every day.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV is seeking a self-starting team player with strong analytical skills to support SNV in delivering impactful, high quality, compliant and well managed projects. Based on sound financial and project management skills, the BSC Advisor will be a key part of SNV’s corporate planning and reporting processes as well as portfolio management and analysis. (S)he will be a business partner for global, project and country colleagues, supporting country and project (financial) management, performance analysis and follow up, together with compliant project administration in SNV’s Enterprise Resource Planning system (SAP Business By Design).
- With BSC team colleagues, maintains, and improves the process, analysis and reporting of the corporate annual plan, other periodic corporate, country and project planning, forecasting, analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- Provides corporate, portfolio and project specific insights and (risk) analysis for different stakeholders including (senior) management and project teams.
- In collaboration with colleagues, pro-actively monitors and advises on corrective actions related to SNV’s project financial performance as well as supports the monitoring of internal control, compliance and inputs into management and financial audits.
- Jointly with BSC and country colleagues, drives quality and compliant project financial and time administration in SNV systems. This includes, for selected projects: financial analysis as part of opportunity design and decision-making processes; administrative set-up; changes to project budgets and contracts as well as financial reporting during project implementation, and project administrative closure, focusing on ensuring donor (financial) compliance and internal projects profitability. Provides advice, analysis and coaching to colleagues on these topics and identifies related improvements and learning.
- Together with the BSC team and other units, develops and maintains costing and revenue principles, supports the application of relevant pricing agreements, and identifies risks and accompanying solutions to mitigate these.
- Develops and delivers quality and audience appropriate support, coaching and training to relevant stakeholders on BSC topics including costing principles, project/ corporate planning and control and other topics.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, applied economics, commercial engineering, related field or equivalent by experience. MBA, CFA, CPA or CMA degrees are a plus.
- Seasoned financial and/or project management professional, with at least 4 years’ relevant experience in analytical roles, or a combination of experience and relevant education.
- Experience in an international development context and accounting skills (including revenue recognition and cost accounting analysis applied to contracts) are a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to apply these to project and corporate performance requirements and analysis.
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple complex tasks simultaneously, identify issues and propose pragmatic solutions.
- Strong Excel skills at advanced level are required and an affinity with Enterprise Resource planning work for projects and corporate processes is strongly desired.
- High attention to detail with experience or demonstrated interest on quality assurance processes.
- Team player and excellent communicator with the ability to translate and analyse complex data into quality insights for different stakeholders including (senior) management.
- Fluency in English is a must and knowledge of French and/or Spanish is desirable.
Contract Type: Dutch employment contract for one year, with possibility of extension.
Expected Start Date: June 2022
Duty station: The Hague, Netherlands.
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org/careers.
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before 24 April 2021.
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with a Selection Committee will take place. We are an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement