SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical knowledge to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in agriculture, energy, and water to local contexts. SNV has over 1250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational as well as technical excellence.
SNV’s vision is "a world where across every society, all people live with dignity and have equitable opportunities to sustainably thrive”, and we do this by strengthening capacities and catalysing partnerships that transform the food, energy, and water systems which enable sustainable and more equitable livelihoods for all.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Background of the role
SNV became a member of the Steering of the Practitioners’ Network (PN) for European Development Cooperation 2021. As an informal platform composed of 17 European implementing organisations, four associated European partner organisations and the European Commission (EC) as an observer, the PN promotes exchange, coordination and harmonisation in European development cooperation. We view the focus and work of the PN as vital, and, as of May 2022, we will assume the Co-Presidency of the PN together with FIIAPP (Fundación Internacional y para Iberoamérica de Administración y Políticas Públicas; The International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policies) for a period of one year.
In addition to the PN, we are involved in a number of partnerships – the impact and positioning of which we are looking to build on significantly in the coming years. To do so, we are looking specifically to strengthen our marketing communications (marcom) in this area, as well as our engagement among related stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to apply their marcom and internal engagement skills at a strategic level and within an international context. We are looking for a dynamic, collaborative Marketing Communications (marcom) and Engagement Officer with demonstrable experience in partner relations and event management. If you have a solid track record of working in international (preferably international development and/or EU) organisations, and the expertise to deliver well-designed, audience-specific and highly impactful engagement initiatives, you could be just the new team colleague we are looking for.
In this role, you will be expected to develop and implement high-quality, measurable and well-crafted content, messaging and other deliverables aimed at highlighting and positioning more effectively the work we do with and around some of our key partners including the EU Practitioners Network. You will also need to have sound analytical and planning skills to determine, implement and advise on partner engagement initiatives, as well as outstanding project management skills to help coordinate some of our major events both externally (including the PN General Assembly and COP) as well as internally. Up to date knowledge and application of the latest practices in internal and external engagement are therefore essential in this role.
If your application is successful, in return, you can expect a dynamic, professional work environment and the opportunity to contribute to addressing some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
If this sounds like you, then we look forward to receiving your application.
In assuming the co-presidency with FIIAPP, one of our key objectives will be to continue the work already underway as part of the PN’s strategic priorities, existing Working Groups and Task Forces. Emphasis is therefore placed on enhancing the “how to”, and to do so with as inclusive an approach as possible..
As SNV’s Marketing Communications Officer – Partner Engagement , you will play a leading role in the development and implementation of communications and engagement initiatives that promote the PN partnership and positioning of SNV. While your focus will be on the PN primarily, you will also be applying your expertise to support positioning and other initiatives around our various programmes and partnerships.
Reporting into the Global Head of Corporate Affairs, you will ensure that SNV’s strategic focus is well represented through and benefits from developments emerging from the PN. A keen ability to assimilate complex information and translate it into meaningful internal, external and media engagement is therefore key. You will therefore be expected to attend workstream meetings, convene and update workstream groups on key developments from the PN, develop fully integrated marketing and communications plans, and take the lead on coordinating specific events.
In addition to working closely with our EU Account Manager and EU Liaison Manager, you will also be part of our global marketing and communications (marcom) team, where you will work alongside our digital and marketing communications leads in Agriculture, Energy, WASH as well as in the countries we operate in.
The role will demand astute application of your skills and expertise as a marcom professional. From content and [digital] asset development, to media engagement and monitoring, you are an all-rounder who is as comfortable advising the various stakeholders on communications as you are rolling your sleeves up to implement the promotional, positioning and internal engagement aspects of the role. Work experience in international development, EU and/or international organisations are prerequisites for the role.
This role also requires a combination of: strong planning, organisational and implementation skills; a hands-on, tactical approach to delivery; and the ability to conceptualise, execute and report out on the marcom and engagement-related activities that contribute to meeting our objectives. You will therefore be expected to:
- Provide well-informed advice and guidance on external communications, profiling and influencing to support SNVs strategy with, as well as its role as Co-President of the Practitioners Network
- Work with the Global Head of Corporate Affairs as well as the EU Account Manager and EU Liaison Manager to formulate effective external [media] messaging, content marketing tactics and marcom deliverables that support SNV’s overall strategy and positioning
- Draft, produce, repurpose, review and edit all relevant marcom materials (including: press releases/articles, presentations, factsheets, online/digital communications and other assets)
- Set-up and run event, conference and digital marketing campaigns at organisation- and Co-Presidency levels
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of marcom and engagement and activation initiatives
- Update internal knowledge and information networks (i.e., workstreams) and implement supporting engagement and activation tactics to raise awareness around the PN’s activities
- Maintain an inventory of relevant marcom assets and content in line with corporate guidelines and for use by colleagues and partners
- Provide appropriate performance and operational reporting as well as status updates to the Global Head of Corporate Affairs
- Brief and liaise with external agencies where required
- Work closely with the Global Marketing and Communications Team to align and sequence campaign implementation and deliverables.
- Inform and advise on changes in marcom approaches based on observation and analysis of developments
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree or equivalent in international development, marketing, communications or related areas
- Intention to work towards (or currently holding) Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) certification or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in marketing communications, preferably in the international development sectors and/or international organisations
- Experience working in a fast-paced, international, cross disciplinary organisation
- Exemplary stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Outstanding project management skills and experience working with external service delivery agencies
- Sound understanding of digital/online communication technologies and platforms (incl., MS Teams and other applications, SharePoint, Click Dimensions, Adobe Creative Cloud and all standard marcom tools)
- Experience working with press and international media
- Fluency in English (working language); French language capabilities desirable
- Ability to advise on appropriate marcom initiatives to support strategic direction
- Produce content and messaging adjustable to specific audience needs
- Ability to set goals, prioritise and evaluate requirements
- Quality-focused with a drive for continuous improvement and learning
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker with proven ability to deliver
- Tenacious, focused and able to balance competing priorities
- Proactive, independent yet collaborative, team-playing approach
For this role you need to be eligible to work in the Netherlands. SNV cannot sponsor for a work visa.
Contract Duration: One year full-time Dutch national employment contract (32 or 40 hours per week) with the possibility to extend.
Expected Start Date: 1 July 2022
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a stimulating work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our team members benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you’ve got what it takes to be our new Marketing Communications (marcom) and Engagement Officer and have a passion to use your skills in the international development sector, we’d like to hear from you. To apply for the role, please upload your CV and letter of motivation by 12:00 midday CET on Friday 13 May 2022.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement