Qualifications and skills required: • Master's Degree or equivalent academic qualification in agriculture, natural resource management, development studies, public policy or related fields. In absence of the post graduate degree, an equivalent additional professional experience of two years in a relevant field is required.
• General professional experience: • 6 years of experience in developing, monitoring and implementing sustainable development and/or natural resource management programmes (including technical advice at senior level) within EU-funded projects and programmes.
• Specific professional experience: • Sound knowledge and understandings of politics and the specifics and developments of adaptive capacity and resilience of the forestry sector in Africa; • Sound knowledge and understandings of politics and the specifics and developments of adaptive capacity and resilience of the forestry sector in Africa (with a preference in Western Africa, African SIDS and in Cape Verde);
• 2 years of experience in evaluation
• Language skills: English and Portuguese
• Normal place of posting of the specific assignment: Home based
• Mission(s) outside the normal place of posting and duration(s): one