We are looking for a Humanitarian Manager who leads the GHT support to responses, ensuring that GHT resourcing and support to scale up is safe, timely, effective, of an appropriate scale with good assessment and analysis, programme design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation. To provide strategic leadership of humanitarian resources to selected country programmes to enable high quality humanitarian programmes that contribute to community resilience. To coordinate with wider support in Oxfam to ensure a joined-up package of support.
To promote safe-programming in all humanitarian responses. To be accountable for ensuring community participation shapes programme decisions, actively seek a partnership approach and worked following feminist principles including strong awareness of power dynamics.
What we are looking for
The Humanitarian Manager to:
- Be accountable to the Director Humanitarian Programmes for the leadership, delivery and effective management of the GHT’s support to countries and Affiliate domestic humanitarian programmes.
- Work closely with Country Directors to ensure timely, high quality, safe, emergency responses at an appropriate scale and hold them accountable to Oxfam’s “commitments and expectations”, and the Oxfam Strategic Plan.
- Manage technical support, working closely with the quality and evidence team, ensuring a change in ways of working to one less siloed and a quality response.
- Ensure effective resource planning:
- Prioritise the use of the Humanitarian Support Team resources including the priorities of the advisors within the team.
- Ensure GHT support is joined up, both across the GHT and with other regional and affiliate resources to maximise the effective use of humanitarian investments across the Oxfam International programme.
- effective budget management and full compliance with Oxfam financial management and reporting standards.
Please see the attached job description for the full responsibilities that the Humanitarian Manager will undertake and the required skills and competencies.
This role can be located in a country where Oxfam has a presence, subject to Oxfam’s ability to employ in that location, the affordability of doing so and right to work requirements being met. Due to legislation constraints it is not currently possible for this role to be based in some locations. These include Italy, France and India. Competitive salary and benefits packages will be offered in line with local cost of living and national pay structures. Details will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Please indicate your preferred location and whether you have the right to work there on your application.
Contract type: Fixed term, 6 months (11th July 2022 to 31st January 2023).