We are excited to be searching for an enthusiastic and reliable M&E advisor to join our team, and we hope it’s you!
Within this role you are part of the corporate M&E team and work closely with the M&E advisors of each business units of IDH. Within this role you will be enabling staff to develop and deliver on high quality activities and “championing” good M&E practices. You support the creation of a results-based management culture, and you convince and inspire colleagues about the benefits of adopting M&E-minded ways of working. Next to that, you will be advising BU M&E advisors how to apply the corporate structures, procedures and templates for their individual work for coherence and quality assurance purpose. You ensure M&E assignments of external service providers (consultants who, for example, conduct third party evaluations) meet our needs, and present program results and evaluation findings to internal and external stakeholders.
At corporate level you support the design and oversee the execution of our corporate evaluation for the funding period of 2021-2025. You participate in the IDH’s Investment Committee to ensure high quality projects that are aligned with IDHs impact strategy
You support the roll-out of our corporate Result Measurement Framework and general quality assurance of the data collection and reporting. You ensure our data collection activities are designed and implemented against a coherent learning trajectory and organizational evaluation plan. In sum, you ensure deliverables of data collection fit the purpose of project, program and organization and meet quality standards.
Who you are.
IDH is looking for a true M&E champion. You are a well-organized team player who is comfortable working independently and taking initiative. You have a practical approach using standard frameworks such as the DCED standard of result measurement and other private sector development (PSD) tools to strengthen program delivery and maximize impact. You are a positive and committed professional who can help the organization keep on track towards its ambitions. Influencing changes is one of your key strengths. You can communicate program results and evaluation findings to donors and other key audiences. It is vital to have a bird-eye view while also being able to have attention to detail and remaining focused.
What you bring.
- A Master’s degree or similar in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 6 years working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, previous experience with agricultural and environmental sectors is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to explain, inspire and influence stakeholders to improve M&E practices.
- Experience designing and implementing M&E frameworks in private sector development programs, as well as the implementation of independent evaluations. Having worked in a corporate or head quarter function of an (international) organization is an asset.
- Strong knowledge management and training/capacity building skills to onboard staff and capacitate them on corporate M&E approaches.
- Understanding of value chains, private sector development and systems change.
- Experience with mixed methods designs for monitoring and impact evaluation. Experience with statistical analysis and software such as Stata, SAS, SPSS, R, or Python, experience with IATI is a pre.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
Above all, we expect your mindset to be all about hands-on attitude, practical and results oriented. We want you to become a pro-active sparring partner to stakeholders for M&E overall topics – therefore, strong communication skills are really of an essence. We want you to be able to clearly exchange information via appropriate platforms to deliver reports/messages.
Are you the enthusiastic colleague we are looking for?
We offer you.
A challenging, pivotal role within an impacting, international organization – and:
- a salary range between EUR 3.300 – EUR 3.800, depending on your experience and competences;
- holiday allowance, pension scheme, flexible working hours, 26 holidays, travel cost allowance, etc.;
- all the work supplies you need to excellence in your role;
- an open environment where you can grow and develop yourself
- energy at our office, with our fresh sustainable coffee, fresh ginger or mint tea and a selection of fresh fruit available!
Since this function is part of the corporate M&E team, we expect candidates to already have a work permit to allow them to live and work in the Netherlands.
For questions about this position, please contact Debby Bastiaansen our corporate recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call +31 6 111 83 562.
Who we are.
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyze change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible because of the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and Switzerland private foundations.
For more information, go to www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink:
We encourage applicants to respond before May 24th, 2022.
At IDH sustainable trade initiative, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.