FIDH (International Federation for Human Rights) is an international human rights NGO. Since 1922, we have been committed to the defence of all civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights as defined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
We are a federation of 192 national human rights organisations active in 117 countries. We believe that the transformation of societies is first and foremost the responsibility of local actors. Our activities aim to strengthen their capacity for action and influence.
The International Secretariat of the FIDH is a human-sized organisation (45 employees in Paris and 14 employees in several offices abroad) and is composed of a committed international team.
We are recruiting : One Spanish-speaking globalization programme officer (M/F) based in Paris or Brussels.
General objective of the position :
Within the Globalization Desk, which consists of 5 employees, under the supervision of the Manager, you will contribute to consolidating links with internal and external actors and to implementing activities.
Your main responsibilities :
• To contribute to the documentation of human rights and environmental violations committed by companies and economic actors, particularly in Latin American countries;
• Ensuring prosecution and access to justice for victims ;
• Advocacy with IGOs and States on the protection of human rights and the environment in relation to corporate abuse, in conjunction with the activities of FIDH members and partners and other offices;
• Contribute to the development of the theory of change of the Globalisation desk;
• To contribute to the consolidation and development of the link with the members and partners of the FIDH, especially those in Latin America;
• Ensure the accompaniment of defenders and partners in the field through the support of their activities;
• Facilitate the transmission of information between partners, the Globalization Office and other FIDH offices ;
• Ensure and coordinate the drafting of research and advocacy documents (reports, public positions, advocacy notes, press releases, etc.);
• Participate in the programming and reporting of office activities;
• Participate in donor responses and tenders, financial and narrative monitoring of programmes.
• You have a degree in human rights, international law or political science and at least 2 years of professional experience in the field of voluntary work in the above-mentioned areas.
• Good knowledge of the context, issues and problems in the specific field of "Business and Human Rights" and/or "Environment and Human Rights".
• Experience and/or knowledge of strategic litigation issues in cases involving human rights and environmental violations by transnational corporations.
• Excellent writing and speaking skills in Spanish (C1 level) essential. Good writing and speaking skills in English (B2 level) essential. Knowledge of French is desirable.
• Good teamwork skills. Strong ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
• Very good interpersonal skills enabling you to maintain professional relations with different types of players (leagues, companies, authorities, media, partners).
• You are rigorous and organised.
• You will work with the Ubuntu environment.
You are in total agreement with the values at work in the FIDH International Secretariat (professionalism, respect, commitment, equality, integrity, participation, audacity), as well as with the struggles led by the FIDH for the defence of the human rights of everyone, everywhere in the world, as explained in its statutes and through its publications accessible from its website: www.fidh.org
FIDH seeks diversity and is committed to equality by not discriminating in its hiring practices on the basis of race, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, health status or any other situation protected by French and international human rights law.
For people with disabilities, we ask you to indicate in your cover letter any adaptations that would be useful to enable you to participate in the recruitment process in the best possible way.
Terms and conditions of pay
• Permanent contract. Employee status.
• Position based in Paris or Brussels. Depending on the candidate’s location, an employment contract under Dutch or Swiss law may be considered; the FIDH also has offices in The Hague and Geneva.
• If based in Paris :
◦ Salary from €31,900 gross per annum over 13 months, depending on experience.
◦ Teleworking possible with a minimum of 4 face-to-face working days per month.
◦ 25 days of paid holiday and 24 days of RTT per year.
◦ Supplementary health insurance: employer’s contribution of €84.86 per month.
◦ Restaurant vouchers with a face value of €9, 60% of which is covered by the FIDH.
◦ 50% of the cost of public transport season tickets is covered.
• If based in Brussels :
◦ Salary from €31,900 gross per annum, depending on experience.
◦ 25 days of paid holiday and 24 days of RTT.
◦ Supplementary health insurance: employer’s contribution of €80 per month.
◦ Restaurant vouchers with a face value of €8, 86% of which is paid for by the FIDH.
◦ 70% of the cost of public transport passes is covered.
• If based in The Hague or Geneva :
◦ The conditions will be clarified with the candidate.
Position to be filled: as soon as possible.
Do you fit the description of the profile you are looking for?
Send your CV and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the reference CH-MOND 05 22 in the subject line no later than 31 May 2022 for the attention of Maddalena NEGLIA, Head of the Globalisation Desk.
Interviews will take place as applications are received.
FIDH reserves the right to close the recruitment before the deadline for applications.
Only those candidates whose applications are accepted will be contacted.