FIDH (International Federation for Human Rights) is an international human rights NGO. Since 1922, we are committed to the defence of all civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights as defined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. You can find us on our social networks :
We are a federation of 192 national human rights organisations active in 117 countries. We believe that the transformation of societies is first and foremost the responsibility of local actors. Our activities aim to strengthen their capacity for action and influence.
The International Secretariat of the FIDH is a human-sized organisation with a committed international team. Our Paris office is located in a lively and central area of Paris (near Bastille and Gare de Lyon).
We are recruiting : HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR (M/F)
As a member of the Steering Committee, under the responsibility of the CEO, you will be entrusted with the keys to the Human Resources & Technical Department, which consists of 4 employees.
You will manage 49 employees in France, 20 employees and 8 trainees in several offices abroad (Belgium, Geneva, The Hague, Bangkok, Tunis), 16 permanent consultants.
Your main responsibilities
• Defining and implementing HR strategy, leading HR projects, supporting managers in their HR and managerial decisions.
• Ensuring the proper management of HR administration in compliance with applicable social, legal and fiscal legislation. Carrying out legal monitoring.
• Ensure the proper management of HR development : manage recruitment, manage training, organise evaluation campaigns and professional interviews. Organise and implement the tools necessary for individual staff monitoring (coaching, etc.), and make proposals on career management and mobility. Define and implement professional risk management.
• Leading and managing relations with the CSE (staff representative), in conjunction with the CEO. Designing, preparing and negotiating collective agreements.
• Be responsible for the monitoring and analysis of its activity : HR procedures, HR budget, HR communication.
• Supervising general services and reception : supporting the General Services Assistant in prioritising activities and implementing appropriate solutions. Drawing up and monitoring the General Services budget.
• Managing the team : 2 HR employees (HR Officer, HR Assistant) and 1 General Services Assistant.
• Education : Master II HR / Social Law.
• At least 15 years experience in human resources, including at least 5 to 7 years as a generalist operational HR manager with team management. Ideally, you have previous experience as a Deputy Human Resources Director or Human Resources Director. Experience in a multi-site environment is an asset.
• Experience in the voluntary sector and if possible in an international NGO. Experience in international HR management (local law, expatriation,...).
• Autonomy and know-how on all HR issues. Mastery of labour law and social relations.
• Ability to identify strategic and operational priorities and find solutions.
• Humanistic view of human relations. Ideally familiar with the management of change management projects. Global vision. A high level of vision. Team spirit.
• We rely on your sense of responsibility, your assertiveness, your pragmatism, your organisation, your rigour, your ability to negotiate, your listening skills, your communication skills and your relational intelligence to entrust you with the keys to the HR department.
• French (C2) and English (B2).
• You will be working with the Ubuntu environment and Libre Office.
• Interest in general service supervision.
You are in total agreement with the values at work in the FIDH International Secretariat (professionalism, respect, commitment, equality, integrity, participation, audacity), as well as with the struggles led by the FIDH for the defence of the human rights of all people, everywhere in the world, as explained in its statutes and through its publications accessible from its website : www.fidh.org
FIDH seeks diversity and is committed to equality by not discriminating in its hiring practices on the basis of race, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, health status or any other situation protected by French and international human rights law.
For people with disabilities, we ask you to indicate in your cover letter any adaptations that would be useful to enable you to participate in the recruitment process in an optimal way.
Conditions of use
• Permanent contract. Position based in Paris.
• Salary from 57 K€ gross per year over 13 months, depending on experience.
• Teleworking possible with a minimum of 4 days face-to-face per month.
• 25 days of paid holiday and 24 days of RTT per year.
• Supplementary health insurance : employer’s contribution of €85 per month.
• Restaurant vouchers with a face value of €9, 60% of which is covered by the FIDH.
• 50% of the cost of public transport passes is covered.
Post to be filled : between 18 July and 1er August 2022. A handover will be organised with the incumbent.
Do you fit the profile we are looking for ?
Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the reference DRH 2022 in the subject line of the email by 19 June 2022 at the latest for the attention of Eléonore MOREL, CEO.
Interviews will take place as applications are received.
FIDH reserves the right to close the recruitment before the deadline for applications.
Only those candidates whose applications are accepted will be contacted.