The overall objective (Impact) is to support the implementation of the strategic communication and visibility activities of the EU in Mexico, with a focus on the policy-related objectives of EU’s cooperation in the country and including Team Europe Initiatives in order to boost EU’s profile in the country, promote EU values and reinforce the EU-Mexico partnership.
The operational base for this contract will be Mexico City, Mexico. Short-term inputs may be requested during missions in other Mexican States, to the Latin American region or, exceptionally, Europe. Outputs will be prepared in Spanish. However, some outputs in English might be requested. Therefore fluency in Spanish is vital for this contract.
The Key Expert 2 will be in charge of the proper implementation of the activities according to her/his/their expertise. S/he will support the Team Leader in daily tasks.
- Communications manager with postgraduate university degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications and project management, or directly related discipline
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is desirable
- Computer literacy (including design tools and up-to-date software)
- Proficiency in (written and oral communication) in Spanish is a must.
- Professional Independent User in English is an asset.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 5 year relevant experience in a similar management (communication for public sector institutions or corporate communication in the private sector for medium or large companies)
Specific professional experience:
- Communication and event management experience
- Strong experience in logistics
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media, PR and campaigning experience
- Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge and experience of EU development, policies, instruments and facilities is an asset
- Up-to-date knowledge of the Mexican political and institutional landscape is considered an asset
- Proven experience in communication with track record of successful visibility work in Mexico and/or LATAM region will be considered an asset