NIRAS is looking for Two National Water Management Advisors for the Improved Service Delivery Project for the Citizens in Cambodia. Two experts will be selected, one will be based in Phnom Penh and another one will be based in Banteay Meanchey.
Tasks of experts
• Providing policy (Phnom Penh only), and technical and organizational advice to the GIZ project and its partner institutions on water management and to improve access and quality of water-related service delivery.
• Based on the operational planning of the contractor and ISD, coordination and implementation of the activities to improve water management by sub-national administrations
• Facilitation of training and developing the capacity of administrative service providers (technical, organizational and methodological advisory services).
• Providing technical expertise for the set-up and sustainable anchoring of communication, cooperation and coordination initiatives.
• Mainstreaming issues as such as access for vulnerable groups and gender.
• Conceptualisation, coordination and implementation of capacity development measures in line with the overall capacity development approach of the project.
• Supporting monitoring, reporting and knowledge management of the assignment.
• Monitoring of partner activities on a regular basis, reporting to the responsible staff of GIZ project.
• Supporting delegation visits and further missions to the target provinces
Qualifications of experts • Education: Advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) in water resource management, water supply or sanitation • Languages: Knowledge of English, C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Professional experience required:
Professional Qualifications of experts • General professional experience: 5 years of professional experience in water management in Cambodia • Specific professional experience: 2 years of professional experience in advising on policy reforms ; 2 years of professional experience in working with sub-national administrations in Cambodia