Amref International University's focus is on training, research and extension in health sciences with emphasis on promotive, preventive, rehabilitative and palliative health. It is committed to progressively develop innovative programmes catering to the present as well as future Africa and global health needs. The University offers postgraduate, undergraduate, higher diploma, diploma·, and certificate programmes as well as Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses that prepare a human resources for health to serve throughout the health system. AmIU seeks to train transformation leaders who will Inspire Lasting Change. For more on Amref International University please visit https://amref.ac.ke
Main Purpose of the Job
The Professor, Health Entrepreneurship ensures that AMIU programs have an entrepreneurial approach. Together with the graduate program faculty and department and collegiate leadership, the role holder shares responsibility for guiding and improving graduate education
The role holder should have expertise health entrepreneurship with experience in innovation, design thinking and business management. Experience in developing innovation and entrepreneurship-related academic programmes is a requirement. Applicants should be comfortable with innovative teaching approaches, and working with students from a variety of backgrounds. Application should ideally also have industry experience.
The successful applicant should be able to:
- design and teach modules in entrepreneurship, innovation and small business management;
- understand and have an entrepreneur and innovative spirit;
- deliver high-quality teaching to undergraduate and graduate students;
- supervise undergraduate students and postgraduate students;
- conduct high-quality research, as evidenced by publications in leading journals;
- provide administrative service to the School, the University and its stakeholders;
- contribute to leadership in the Entrepreneur initiatives through building adequate enterprise and innovation resources within campus;
- build extensive industry and entrepreneurial networks and partnerships;
- contribute to teaching and research development through mentoring and supporting early career academics;
- work collaboratively across campus and wider university to ensure an inclusive, enriching and enabling entrepreneurial learning experience;
- supervise and coordinate the administration and governance of graduate studies within the graduate program;
- serve as a point of contact for graduate students enrolled in the program; act as the liaison among the graduate students, program faculty, and the college and Graduate School administrations.
- facilitate a program of professional development activities for graduate students within the program;
- Maintaining quality assurance mechanisms and ensuring that staff perform their teaching and/or supervision duties competently.
- PhD or equivalent degree qualification in the relevant areas (health business management, entrepreneurship) from recognized/accredited University;
- Meet requirements of the Commission for University Education for professorship;
- Should have training/experience in health entrepreneurship – business studies, health background will be an advantage;
- Experience in management of postgraduate programs;
- Knowledge of curriculum development;
- Experience in academic quality assurance and integration of diversity, inclusion and equity into graduate programmes;
- An understanding and delivery of innovative learning programmes, design thinking, teaching and assessment/measurement practice in an innovative environment;
- Demonstrable experience of building strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders; and strong team-work spirit.
How to apply
Please visit our Careers Page https://amref.ac.ke/careers/ to view the full job description. Your email application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and have “Professor, Health Entrepreneurship” in the subject line. Attach a cover letter and CV relevant skills and experience. The position is open until filled and applications are reviewed on rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref International University does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Although Amref International University may use different job boards from time to time to further spread its reach for applicants, all open vacancies are published on our website under the Vacancies page and on our official social media pages. Kindly also note that official emails from AmIU will arrive from an @amref.ac.ke or @amref.org address.
Amref International University is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref International University is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy