The UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) tendered for a contractor to manage, implement and monitor a Technical Cooperation Facility (TCF) for its Green Growth Equity Fund (GGEF) to catalyse private investments into Indian infrastructure projects. OPM and PwC partnered (with other firms) and successfully won the project.
The GGEF TCF supports a flexible portfolio of technical assistance (TA) in developing the pipeline and strengthening of investable projects, tackle policy and regulatory barriers, strengthen poverty and social benefits and undertake monitoring of their programme delivery. This is to respond to our emphasis on responsive and flexible technical co-operation.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the delivery of the Project's objectives. The PM will lead the project management and contribute to the implementation of the vision in line with budgets and timelines. This position entails close collaboration with the Project Director and with the Team Leader.
Day to day responsibilities will involve:
- Undertake technical research, analysis and writing on policy topics independently and in a team, in line with OPM quality and report writing standards
- Contribute to internal and external project communications and knowledge building activities such as writing blogposts, social media blurbs
- Responsible for strategic planning including set priorities, focus resources, strengthen operations, and ensure that project staff are working toward common goals and intended outcomes.
- Ensure linkage and cohesiveness across project functions.
- Troubleshoot issues in running the project, and develop solutions to reduce operational costs and maximise resources.
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with the client, project team members and OPM Finance for delivering project objectives
- Responsible for corporate level compliance requirements within the project with respect to people, commercial, financial and legal processes, policies and procedures.
- Act as a knowledge and coordination hub for various project functions.
Risk management and compliance
- Overall accountable for risk management process, due diligence procedures, supply chain management, ethics policy and conflict of interest policy.
- Put in place operations management procedures and systems that comply with OPM policy.
- Ensure key policies and safeguards are in place and being adhered to, including anti-corruption, fraud and risk management.
Contracting, procurement and financial
- Manage and track sub-contracts with individual suppliers and partner organisations.
- Supervise the procurement process including implement a procurement policy and procedure that complies with OPM and FCDO requirements.
- Work closely with the OPM Finance manager to track expenditure against budget, margins against forecasts, produce periodic financial forecasts and attend the monthly project financial review.
- Produce Quarterly and Annual Technical and Financial Reports.
- Ensure project meets its logframe targets.
- Maintain oversight of Value for Money and its reporting.
Required essential qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrated experience of working on policy issues related to green growth, climate mitigation and adaptation.
- Minimum 10 years experience in the development sector
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- A self-starter, with the ability to work effectively in a team and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task well and manage multiple deadlines.
- Experience in project management – working on systems, processes and tools, contracting and financial management.
- Experience of working with government officials and international agencies is an advantage.
- Experience managing FCDO projects with demonstrated knowledge of donor requirements is an advantage.
- Language skills: Fluency in English (mandatory); knowledge of Hindi and other regional languages in India (desired).
If you meet the above criteria and own the current right to work in India, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please apply via the OPM portal with an updated CV before the closing date. We look forward to receiving your application.