IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
Under the guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Grants and Contracts Officer will provide support to the program activities by ensuring the efficient design, implementation and compliance of all grants and contracts of the USAID Sustainable Independent Media Activity (SIMA) project located in South Sudan
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the award, management, and closing of grants and subcontracts meet all IREX and USAID requirements;
- In coordination with program staff and IREX headquarters staff, develop and issue requests for applications (RFA) for grants under contract, facilitate grant review committees, negotiate grant budgets and establish milestones/deliverables, and issue agreements to grantees.
- Conduct due diligence reviews including reviews of audits (where available) and IREX’s due diligence form, and conduct required vetting;
- Provide guidance and support to SIMA grantees and subcontractors, as needed;
- In coordination with the DCOP, review grantee and subcontractor interim and final financial reports and back-up financial documentation for authenticity and compliance with agreement requirements;
- Under the direction of the DCOP, update, as necessary, the project’s grants manual, ensuring all changes are approved by the SIMA Chief of Party, IREX HQ, and USAID.
- Input and regularly update grant and subcontract related financial data into internal tracking systems;
- Input grant and subcontract related financial data into USAID databases as requested;
- Oversee the proper filing of grantee and subcontractor documentation;
- Prepare and request payments to grantees and subcontractors according to IREX and USAID regulations.
- Travel to grantees and subcontractors within South Sudan for grant and subcontract management and monitoring;
- Coordinate communication and monitoring activities between grants/subcontracts, finance, and program staff, as needed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Legal resident of South Sudan with Authorization to Work.
- BA degree in finance, management, or a relevant field;
- Minimum three years of work experience, preferably on a project with significant grantmaking or subcontracting;
- Experience working on USAID funded projects strongly preferred;
- Good command of the AIDAR, FAR, ADS 303 and 302, 2 CFR 200 and 700, and 22 CFR 226 is desired;
- Ability to read and interpret regulations and procedures and clearly communicate them to others;
- Ability to collect and input data in into computerized databases and spreadsheets;
- Ability to analyze data and information;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, and familiarity with USAID’s System for Award Management (SAM) database;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including cross-cultural communication, written correspondence, contractual language, and oral communication;
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, take initiative, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility;
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically and creatively to meet specified objectives with strong ability to anticipate challenges and generate solutions;
- Speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in English required;
IREX seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support IREX’s mission and who respect and promote excellence through diversity. IREX is committed to equal opportunity and follows recruitment and selection practices that comply with all applicable employment laws. To this end, IREX recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to color, race, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, or age.
Click on https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o4Rhkfwg&s=DevelopmentAid to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration.