IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer/Gender, Equity, and Social Inclusion (GESI) Focal Point will be responsible for implementing robust performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems that support program activities and objectives of the USAID Sustainable Independent Media Activity (SIMA) project located in South Sudan. This qualified expert will also provide organizational and programmatic GESI support and mentorship.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with IREX headquarters-based MEL Specialist, develop and manage a monitoring, evaluation, and learning system across all program components, including indicators to report on program and beneficiary performance.
- Provide training and mentoring in M&E planning, data collection, and reporting to IREX project staff and partners.
- Ensure that all MEL/QA activities are implemented according to schedule.
- Ensure the data collection process is functioning in all activity locations to provide quality data within deadlines.
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and adjust as needed.
- Conduct visits to project sites to provide technical assistance and ensure proper monitoring of project activities.
- Develop and maintain a dynamic database of data related to all program and beneficiary activities
- Produce narrative program performance reports.
- Compile quantitative and qualitative data for inclusion in quarterly reports.
- Communicate information obtained through MEL activities to IREX staff, and various external stakeholders.
- Liaise with IREX partners that contribute M&E data or products for program activities.
- Support use and assessment of GESI competencies in training resources and tools for project partners and participants, including co-design and co-facilitation of GESI trainings with program teams.
- Conduct GESI risk assessments with program team to ensure adherence to IREX’s Do No (More) Harm principles.
- Conduct and mentor others in GESI analyses
- Provide leadership and specialized technical support to their center’s GESI work, including implementation of the center’s GESI workplan and the SIMA GESI action plan;
- Onboard and mentor new center staff on SIMAs GESI approach. This includes preparation or adaptation of draft protocols for local onboarding;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Legal resident of South Sudan with authorization to work.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, or related field.
- Proven success in implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience developing systems to track capacity-building efforts
- Demonstrated experience with GESI mainstreaming for international organizations or projects. Familiarity with USAID or USG GESI strategies, frameworks and requirements preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with various software tools and databases to dynamically track and process complex data sets
- Experience working in a facilitation role to engage stakeholders in interpreting MEL data and incorporating it in program activities.
- Experience managing and providing M&E training to IREX staff and partners.
- Experience researching, adapting and training others to design, develop and use practical and robust GESI tools. Proficiency with competency-based frameworks and tools preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Experience with the monitoring and evaluation of USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Written and spoken English-language fluency required.
IREX seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support IREX’s mission and who respect and promote excellence through diversity. IREX is committed to equal opportunity and follows recruitment and selection practices that comply with all applicable employment laws. To this end, IREX recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to color, race, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, or age.
Click on https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o6Shkfwj&s=DevelopmentAid to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration.