Our company, the Compagnie d'Aménagement des Coteaux de Gascogne – CACG - is looking for a hydraulic engineer for a project management assistance mission. Here are the job details:
Country : Angola, Kuito city
Our Client intends to hire a firm to provide consultancy services for Design Checking (i.e. reviewing designs and specifications) of “Water Supply Network and Household Connections in the City of Cuito – Phase 2”. You will be our
You will be our on-site representative in Kuito for a period of 8 months, only during the design phase.
The works to be executed by the contractor consist of design and construction of a new water
supply network and household connections in the city of Cuíto.
The job that you will have to provide, include analysis of the city of Cuíto´s existing water distribution system & establishment of pressures zones and hydraulic modelling, engineering detailed design and construction of water distribution network in unserved areas of the city of Cuíto
The detailed design of 50 kilometers of network, developed among mostly the south areas of
the city and 5,000 household connections serving mostly peri-urban areas, followed by
Your mission :
Engineering Design Checking
- Analysis of the Existing Water Distribution System and Establishment of Pressures Zones: You will be responsible for the review and approval of the Contractor’s Analysis of the Existing Water Distribution System and Establishment of Pressures Zones.
- Hydraulic Modelling and Engineering Design of the Network to be Constructed. You will be responsible for the review and approval of the Contractor’s design, drawings and other proposals for the works, including environmental safeguards instruments (ESMP and HSP).
You will monitor the Contractor’s design progress in accordance with the Contractual Program and will arrange, chair and write minutes of regular progress meetings.
Environmental and Social Management
You will be involved in all design phases of the project by working closely with the Contractor. You will review :
- The Environmental and Social Management Plan – ESMP, Health and Safety Plan (HSP),
- The social baseline data, Stakeholder Engagement, Plan (SEP), & Social Assessment Report (SAR)
You will create local committees to implement the GRM, organize and facilitate trainings of the local focal points and socialize the GRM to local stakeholders and beneficiaries during the design phase
The candidate for this position must be a qualified senior engineer and should demonstrate sound proven experience in water supply networks design:
- a) BSc degree in Civil/Hydraulic/Sanitary/Environmental engineering with MSc or post-graduate degree in Hydraulics/Sanitary engineering;
- b) At least ten years post qualification working experience, of which at least five similar projects in the past ten years.
- c) Should have strong computer skills.
- d) Work experience in the Sub-Saharan African countries; working experience in Angola will be a plus.
- e) Should possess good working communication skills in English; knowledge of Portuguese and french will be a plus.