Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Chief of Party, Bangladesh Access to Finance Activity
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated access to finance program in Bangladesh funded by USAID. The program will increase access to finance for small- and medium-sized agribusinesses, smallholder farmers, and the rural poor to become more creditworthy, and stimulate increased lending from banks, microfinance institutions, and other lenders through the use of blended finance.
The Chief of Party will serve as the lead supervisor, point of contact, and representative for all aspects of the program including oversight of technical activities, administration, human resources, and finances. They will lead the technical team in designing the technical and operational strategy, developing the program work plan, and driving implementation of program activities. Additionally, they will monitor progress to ensure program goals and reporting requirements are met on time and within budget and ensure compliance with USAID and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures. The program is anticipated to start in 2023 and this position will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Lead the overall strategic planning, implementation, and management of the program
- Ensure an integrated vision among different components and private and public sector actors and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract
- Establish administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward the goals and objectives of the program
- Manage relationships with counterparts at various levels of government, private sector including financial institutions, NGOs, associations, and stakeholders from international assistance projects
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables
- Prepare and supervise work plans, financial, logistical, and other documents
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID/Bangladesh, and client country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Provide managerial and technical leadership to develop an effective integrated approach of program components, beneficiaries, government actors, private sector partners, and other stakeholders
- Manage a team of technical experts to ensure that cross-cutting issues including gender and social inclusion are effectively integrated into all components of the project implementation in alignment with the programs’ results framework
- Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results and guide program implementation to achieve maximum impact
- Develop systems that support collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) approach, including establishing a culture of adaptive management
- Oversee the project's financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established ACDI/VOCA's accounting principles and USAID regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, rural development, finance, or relevant field is required; master’s degree is desired.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in economic development, promoting access to finance, or related field.
- Previous experience working in access to finance, investment promotion, blended finance, or related fields.
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party, Project Director, Team Leader, or similar senior management position for projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID and/or other international Donor programs’ rules and regulations is required.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with host-country government officials, international donors, non-government organizations, financial institutions, and private sector stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience with the CLA approach is desired.
- Experience working in Bangladesh
- Fluency in English required.
Bangladeshi nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.