All we do, and how we do it, seeks to promote God’s beauty, goodness, and truth in a broken world. As such, we are defined by our ability to make people’s lives measurably better; our ability to deliver impact is the measure of our collective success. For we know that we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has already prepared in advance for us to do. At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of values called Heartbeat Values.
We’re moved and inspired by our Christian belief that every person has intrinsic value, and that it’s our responsibility to advocate for the poor and marginalized without regard to race, creed or nationality and without adverse distinction of any kind. We serve on the basis of need alone. We strive to respect the culture and customs of the people we serve in order to preserve their humanity and dignity.
AND YET HOPE REMAINS
Check out the link for a 1 minute video on FH
This position is responsible for supporting the global RHA/WASH team while working in coordination with other sectoral technical staff, regional and country WASH staff, and other stakeholders across the organization.
- Maintain the WASH CoP membership roster.
- Arrange quarterly WASH CoP meetings and online training events for each region (Asia, Africa, and LAC).
- Manage the shared FH WASH Google Drive to ensure that WASH resources and materials are well organized and consistently maintained.
- Coordinate and arrange travel details for global WASH staff trips.
- Develop and manage the FH WASH website to highlight our work and to serve as a technical library and training resource site.
- Coordinate the Water Quality Assurance Plan development and training for each country office.
- Travel to field offices when needed to support in proposal development and implementation of WASH programs and projects.
- Provide WASH portfolio information requested by stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Support the development of WASH promotional materials and stories/features highlighting FH’s WASH programs and projects.
- General support to the RHA/WASH team as required.
- Assist in developing written procedures for the various areas of the unit.
- Coordinate meetings, training, and seminars as needed.
- Work with other members of the unit on projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian beliefs expressed in The Heartbeat.
- Demonstrated computer-operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Skype and/or Zoom.
- Ability to sit/stand at a computer for up to 8 hours a day doing repetitive motions on a keyboard.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs individually and up to 50lbs as a team lift.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time per year in the US and internationally, to insecure countries or locations.
- Typically, 2 years of experience in international relief and development in a support role.
- Prior experience in a complex, matrixed organization, with the ability to scale processes in a global, professional, service organization.
- Non-profit ministry experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the Heartbeat Values and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
The responsibilities listed above are not all-inclusive and may be changed at any time.