The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Dhaka, Bangladesh, with frequent travel to project locations across the country.
As Expert Economic Development at Welthungerhilfe's Country Office in Bangladesh, you will work closely with the Head of Programmes to support project implementation, business development, grant management, communications as well as monitoring and evaluation of projects in the field. You will in particular support the launch and implementation of Welthungerhilfe's new BMZ-funded project on sustainable agriculture, economic development and nutrition that will be implemented in Cox's Bazar and other parts of Chattogram Division. Key priorities include establishing a strong MEAL system, building partner capacity, and providing technical and management support during project implementation.
- Provide technical assistance in the focus areas of economic development, climate smart agriculture, and nutrition and support partners in ensuring high quality project implementation
- Support the capacity-building of local partners in beneficiary selection and verification, reporting, compliance with Welthungerhilfe and donor financial, logistics, administrative and security procedures
- Oversee the establishment and functioning of strong MEAL and CRM systems at partner level and ensure that qualitative indicators are incorporated into the MEAL framework
- Support partners in ensuring coherent, timely and effective reporting
- Establish and support a lessons learnt database and support partners in transforming lessons learnt into concrete actions
- Support the civil society engagement of partners and ensure that activities are implemented to maximise sustainable impact
- Ensure gender and age prioritization throughout project implementation
- Support strategic partnerships with donors, partners and the government
- Support the development of new proposals that respond to the specific needs of participants, and that are aligned with donor, government, and Welthungerhilfe priorities in the country
- Provide guidance and technical backstopping for partners and Welthungerhilfe staff in the development of project proposals
- A university or polytechnic degree in international development, political science, international relations, economics, agriculture, law or a similar relevant field
- At least two years of working experience in an international development context, including work experience in the Global South
- Experience in supporting senior stakeholders and the ability to communicate while maintaining the highest standards of credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy
- EU donor experience would be an asset
- A strong knowledge of project design, proposal writing and grants management
- Knowledge of the project cycle management and at least basic understanding of standard MEAL tools and frameworks
- A high level of flexibility and excellent prioritisation skills as well as the ability to adjust to tight deadlines while maintaining high quality standards
- Mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to remote locations with volatile local conditions
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe's programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by December 25, 2022 by following this link. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.