Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £25,498 + London Weighting (£4,000)
Closing Date: Sunday 05 February 2023
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 38 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Islamic Relief UK (IRUK) is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Community Fundraising Officer - London and South’ to join its Fundraising division based in Whitechapel, London.
The role will look to support the Regional Community Fundraising Manager in fulfilling the organisational objectives of developing and optimising on community fundraising and volunteer initiatives. This will be done through developing strong donor relationships with stakeholders in the region, developing strong volunteer networks across the region, supporting the fundraising unit in the organisation of events and activities as well as assisting with Fundraising/Campaigns co-ordination
The successful candidate must have or be:
• Experience in establishing and developing relationships with key stakeholders
• Demonstrate experience in project coordination i.e. events and campaigns
• Experience of organising and supervising events
• Experience of recruiting, managing and developing volunteers
• Full UK Driving license
• Knowledge and understanding of the local region and community
• Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to motivate and manage volunteers
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong motivation and empathy towards the aims and objectives of the organisation
• Ability to represent Islamic Relief in a wide range of situations
• Strong organisational skills i.e. ability to prioritise and plan work, set and achieve deadlines, establish and maintain monitoring systems etc
• Have a flexible approach to work
• Willingness to travel nationally and internationally, and at short notice.