Strategic Partnership Manager
You are the new Strategic Partnership Manager for SCOPEinsight because you are an inspiring leader who is at the forefront of driving innovative sustainable change in the global agricultural sector.
As a Strategic Partnership Manager, you will enhance agribusinesses’ professionalism in developing and emerging economies by mobilizing, convening, and inspiring existing and new partners to join us in the quest to make a lasting change. It is like driving a movement. You will keep a keen eye on the goals and challenges of our partners and focus on how SCOPEinsight can help them achieve these goals.
About the position
You will join a talented, young, diverse, and highly motivated team, where you’ll play an instrumental role in growing the range of strategic partners and business impact. In your role as a Strategic Partnership Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
- Sales and Business Development (60%): Drive the growth of effective partnerships and meet our ambitious business development targets. Nurturing and promoting strong, long-lasting business development partnerships by understanding the needs of our partners and helping them succeed. As well as building upon and implementing our strategic business plan by expanding the range of stakeholders (NGOs, multilaterals, donors, private sector partners, financial institutions) adopting our approach and uptaking our products and services.
- Account management (30%): Provide outstanding support to both existing partners and new prospects and help them understand the benefits and added value SCOPEinsight brings. Guide our partners to maximize the use of the SCOPE tools and systems throughout their programmatic strategy for better impact. Be a champion of SCOPEinsight’s three-pillar value proposition.
- Reporting (10%): Prepare sales, revenue and forecasting reports to the management team, providing a realistic data-driven picture, and generate plans to ensure that targets will be met.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate who has an educational background in Agricultural Sciences, Business, Economics, International Development/Relations/Cooperation, Political Science, or related studies. Next to that, we are looking for a candidate with:
- A minimum of 6 years experience, of which at least two in a similar Business Development role in the agricultural sector
- Excellent command of the English language
- Business development-oriented aptitude, that is both assertive and competitive
- Entrepreneurial-minded professional with a growth mindset
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Understand the main international trends in the agricultural development sector and the challenges for all stakeholders
- Relevant network of agricultural value chain players (NGOs, donors, private sector players, and financial institutions) and international organizations already working in developing and emerging markets
- Good listener, able to provide partners with strategic solutions rather than simple products
- Organized and able to create a clear progress reporting plan
- Able to forecast short-term results accurately whilst keeping the focus on the long-term leads
- Experience working in developing and emerging economies, particularly sub-Saharan Africa, south-east Asia, Latin America the Caribbean
- A work permit to work in the Netherlands
- Speaking and writing skills (B2/C1) in French and/or Spanish
- Knowledge of political and economic issues that affect the development of the agricultural sector in developing and emerging economies
- Knowledge of international development issues and stakeholders
What you’ll receive from us
- Social, ambitious, and impact-driven group of people that amongst others have monthly drinks (and often much more often), celebrate project closures with dinner and drinks.
- A base salary in the range of €4.000,- to €6.000,-. The salary will be based on experience.
- An 8% holiday allowance.
- 25 holidays per year.
- OV train card if you live outside Utrecht.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Company laptop.
- Monthly massage session in the office.
- Free communal lunch.
Why join SCOPEinsight
At SCOPEinsight, we measure and help provide the means to advance the competitiveness of farmer organizations and agri-SMEs in developing countries at scale, creating opportunities for multiple stakeholders across the agricultural sector. For SCOPEinsight the tools are a means to achieve a higher goal, namely catalyzing systemic change in agriculture at a global scale.
The main value of our solutions lies in our data and business intelligence insights which our partners rely on to effectively support co-cooperatives and agri-SMEs to run better businesses, and sustainably access markets and finance. Our unique data insights are also used to understand and tackle challenges and reduce risks, leading to more sustainable value chains, a considerable reduction of costs, and more reliable sourcing.
- We are ambitious, and we set the bar high. We want to serve our clients, be a trusted partner, and be innovative.
- You get to join an organization with a clear, forward-looking, and development-oriented vision and an identity that underscores everything we do:Our belief system: We believe that professionally managed agribusinesses are the key to enhancing sustainability, creating market linkages, and improving farmers’ livelihoods at scale.
- Our ambition: Our ambition is to make a lasting contribution to systemic change in the professionalism of the agricultural sector in developing and emerging economies.
- Our ideal partners: Our ideal partners share our vision and ambition and believe that change is possible if we join forces.
- We are an organization where everyone’s opinion is appreciated and where responsibility is not dependent on your title but on your ability. We believe responsibility leads to growth and will help you accelerate your career even further.
- There is considerable potential to expand our impact with existing and new ecosystem partners.
If you are interested in this position, please apply. Applications will be dealt with on a rolling basis.