Integrity is an ethical consultancy and service provider working in challenging and complex environments around the globe.
We help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We work across all phases of the program and project cycle, delivering eleven complementary services: monitoring, evaluation and learning / data and knowledge management / research, evidence and analysis / advisory / project management / communications / risk management / technical assistance / capability and capacity development / stakeholder engagement / grant and fund management. Our services are underpinned by the principles on which we were founded, a commitment to providing reliable information and evidence, and expert and high-quality delivery.
Headquartered in London and Washington DC, Integrity also has offices in Jordan, Kenya, and Pakistan. Our multi-national team of over 60 deliver multi-year projects, programmes and consulting assignments to a wide range of government clients, international organizations, foundations and private sector clients.
VISION: To set the international standard for ethically delivered expert services in complex and challenging contexts.
MISSION: We use evidence and learning to provide trusted advice and enable change for a sustainable future.
• Courage: We work on many of the world’s most complex problems. We stand against violence in all its forms. We are unafraid to stand up to illegal or unethical practises.
• Objectivity: We challenge conventional thinking. Our recommendations are not based on assumptions or ideology but evidence and learning.
• Diligence: We incorporate our best individual and collective intellect through rigour, reflection, and collaboration.
• Accountability: We take responsibility for the quality of our work and performance. We hold ourselves to account through clear policy and process, sustained by long-term profitability.
• Sensitivity: We understand the impact of our presence and our work, empathize with people’s situations, and commit to do no harm.
ETHICS: Integrity upholds the highest ethical standards in our work, our employment of staff and our interaction with people. Through adherence to our core values, we ensure the best possible service, and benefit the communities amongst whom we work.
We commit to building a diverse and inclusive organization where all feel safe and able to progress, contribute and be heard, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital or parental status.
Further information about Integrity can be found at www.integrityglobal.com.
Scope of Work
The role offers an experienced development sector professional the chance to support Integrity’s continued growth by leading on our response to priority bids, developing key client relationships and building winning teams and consortia.
You will oversee development of a growing project pipeline that includes several prime, multi-year projects across the world, as well as global IDIQs. The role reports to Integrity’s Vice President of Business Development while managing relevant team members as required. As a member of the US Business team, you will contribute to the development of new business in line with Integrity’s mission, vision, values and ethics, as well as strategy, and work closely with Integrity’s global teams, services, operations, and corporate offices to achieve our goals. The position is US-based with international travel.
Terms of Reference
The Senior Manager, Business role requires a mature, proactive and energetic individual with strong strategic, proposal writing, negotiation and people skills. The right individual would combine the drive to compete for and win large-scale contracts with the emotional intelligence required to work across different teams, geographies and cultures.
Business Development (70%)
- Grow and manage a USG and US based donor BD pipeline, in line with global and regional strategies, that enables us to deliver companywide strategic and financial targets.
- Manage bids from pre-positioning through to submission and handover to delivery teams, leading on:
- Bid strategy – development of win themes and contribution to internal resource allocation
- Bid management – development of bid plans and leadership of bid teams
- Capture planning
- Consortium mapping and selection
- Proposal writing
- Cost Proposals
- Handover to delivery teams, including consortium and team communications
- Support development of best-of-sector proposal processes including pre-positioning, thought-leadership, client-outreach, competitor mapping, consortium selection, technical and commercial submissions, and staffing.
- Oversee lessons learning and failure / success analysis to evolve and improve our win rate and the technical and commercial suitability of our proposals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on IDIQs Integrity holds, as needed.
- Support the development and execution of the business development strategy, including working with our regional offices to build tailored strategies aimed at growing our USAID market share and position in the market.
- Lead and/or support special strategic business initiatives and research, including market and services diversification, growth strategies, mentor-protégé relationships, and related topics.
- Input into the companywide identification, recruitment, and relationship-management of best-of-sector project personnel, including dynamic and responsive teaming strategies on proposals.
- Input in the development, capture and use of regional and national consultant databases.
Account Management, including Positioning and Relationship-Building (20%)
- Assist in the implementation and coordination of the account management strategy, supporting:
- Prioritization of key and strategic accounts and relationships within USAID.
- Mapping of key accounts and the creation of in-depth account profiles.
- Development of individual account strategies, including ongoing relationship building, as required.
- Actively engage accounts in order to build pipeline and enhance our exposure to key clients.
Staff Management (10%)
- Line manage select junior Integrity staff and/or corporate consultants.
- Work with colleagues under line management to develop their careers, contributing to professional advancement, job satisfaction and personnel retention.
Your Experience and Expertise
The Senior Manager, Business will have:
- A degree or Master’s in international development, international relations, business administration or a related discipline.
- 7+ years’ experience in business development and other relevant fields, including 5 years of experience managing complex US government proposals.
- Demonstrated experience in winning and contracting large projects/programs with major US donors, including USAID and/or State Department.
- Experience developing or supporting the development of cost proposals.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills. Ability to produce clear, compelling, motivating communications and to learn new audiences quickly.
- Demonstrated experience managing a diverse client base and donor pipeline.
- Demonstrated experience working with international teams in different locations to successfully deliver bids.
- Strong proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent ability to communicate, work in a team, and collaborate with individuals with diverse technical backgrounds and with external stakeholders including government entities and international agencies.
It is desirable that the Senior Manager, Business will also have:
- Understanding and experience of working with a diverse set of clients.
- MEL experience in the international development or consultancy sectors.
- Written and oral fluency in English, with the ability to write clear and compelling narrative;
The candidate will have:
- Sound financial fluency.
- A diplomatic and personable approach to developing and managing relationships and representing the Integrity brand.
- A trusting and empowering approach to mentoring and managing team members.
- A considered, methodical, and intelligent approach to critically evaluating terms of reference and developing winning proposals.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines with flexibility, efficiency and good nature.
- An ethical approach, personal integrity and a strong sense of self.
The candidate should also demonstrate the following core competencies.
Level 1: Team competencies
- Planning and Organising
- Development and Continual Learning
- Results Focus and Initiative
- Customer Orientation
- Managing Change
Level 2-4: Management competencies
- Analytical and Flexible Thinking
- Achievement Focus
- Managing Resources
- Teamwork and Team Leadership
- Customer Orientation
- Organisational Knowledge
- Organisational Alignment
- Strategic Thinking
- Developing Talent
Integrity is a hybrid work employer offering a flexible working model that supports a blend of in-office and working from home time. Each office has its own flexible working model to meet local needs and demands.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply-sm/ and attach a CV and Cover Letter, explaining why you are suitable for and want the role. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 5th May 2023.However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Candidates must have the right to work in the US.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital or parental status. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by US data protection laws.