Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
We believe Social Impact is a great place to work and are passionate in our efforts to ensure that this endures. We are proud of our diversity and actively seek to expand it as a way of improving our employees’ experience, our collective professional breadth and the quality of the work we do. We promote equity and inclusion through our policies and practices and build a culture of belonging for everyone where differences and authenticity are honored and embraced. We work hard to create opportunities for growth and ensure that our staff are fulfilled and engaged. We believe we are better when we collaborate, learn from one another and have fun while working hard.
Implemented by Nathan Associates Inc. in partnership with the Government of Liberia (GOL), LEPDA is a $16 million, four-year contract from October 2019 – September 2023. The aim of the Activity is to help improve GOL policy-making, policy debate, and advocacy and to help reduce the cost of doing business in Liberia. The purpose of this evaluation is to capture lessons and effective approaches developed over the course of LEPDA implementation and to explore new designs that can facilitate stronger outcomes in response to the fluid context of working with GOL. This will inform USAID follow-on activities seeking to reform policy in Liberia to promote economic growth.
SI is seeking a Policy Reform Specialist to support the USAID/Liberia LEPDA Final Evaluation. This is a short-term consultancy with an estimated level of effort (LOE) of 58 days, and a period of performance from May to September 2023.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Provide technical expertise and support the Team Lead’s efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries; conduct data collection as needed.
- Provide ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Support the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID.
- Write assigned section of the draft evaluation report in coordination with the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other's areas of expertise.
- Master’s degree in a discipline related to public policy, governance, economics, business administration, international development, or other relevant field strongly preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience delivering technical assistance on policy and economic reforms by working with government officials and other stakeholders to support policy and institutional reform processes toward an improved business enabling environment.
- Experience working with private sector development, business enabling environment, institutional strengthening, and/or economic technical assistance programs.
- Experience creating policy partnerships with civil society to help analyze and inform government policy.
- Experience mainstreaming good governance principles into policy process and elements that ensure effective policy frameworks and implementation.
- Must be able to conduct interviews and focus group discussions and analyze the resulting data.
- Ability to work as a team to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards.
- Evaluation experience related to policy reform preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the operating environment in Liberia required.
- No relations with LEPDA, Nathan Associates Inc., or other interests that may compromise the Team Leader’s actual or apparent impartiality.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.