Palladium is a global company working to design, develop and deliver positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of people around the globe; broaden access to health, water, power, and infrastructure; build enduring, sustainable, and transformative institutions and market systems to address global challenges; and conserve the natural world. We operate in over 90 countries and have a workforce of 4,000 talented, motivated, and diverse staff of all religions, races, languages, and gender identities.
Palladium seeks an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID/Nepal Health Systems Strengthening Activity focused on strengthening health systems at municipality, provincial, and federal level focused on Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health to increase access and equity in healthcare. This project will focus on improving access to and utilization of equitable healthcare services; improving quality of health services at facility and community levels; and improving health system governance, with the context of federalism.
The COP will provide overall leadership and management of the project including meeting the project’s technical objectives, managing financial resources, program staff, partnering agreements, maintaining good working relationships with host government officials and local partners, managing client reporting, and ensuring high-quality service delivery. The COP will represent Palladium and the project to USAID and all other stakeholders including the Government of Nepal, community and non-governmental organizations, the private sector, and donors.
Nepali Nationals are encouraged to apply.
You and Your Career:
If you are a problem-solver, collaborator, and doer, and you have expertise in managing USAID projects, we are interested in hearing from you. We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Reporting and Supervision:
This position will report to the Project Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing overall strategic, technical, programmatic, financial, and management guidance and support for large-scale project activities
- Provide technical expertise and leadership across the project, health systems strengthening, including access, quality, governance, MNCH
- Managing and mentoring a core staff of technical and administrative program professionals and work with the US-based country management support team to ensure responsive and efficient project operations
- Ensuring that project objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational, and USAID reporting requirements are followed
- Manage relationship with USAID, ensuring effective communication and client satisfaction
- Serve as Palladium’s primary liaison with donor(s), and other partners including civil society, government, and other related programs and projects
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with development partners such as government institutions, private sector, civil society, media, etc
- Communicate and implement an integrated vision among different components and actors
- Enable identification, sharing, and application of international best practices and lessons learned
- Analysing and evaluating project operations to identify and resolve issues or problems
Key Competencies Required:
- Master’s degree in in a relevant field such as public health, health administration, international development, or a related field
- At least 10 years' experience in a senior leadership position on a donor-funded project, related to health systems, service delivery, governance, MNCH, or related field. Experience in a leadership position on USAID-funded projects in Nepal is preferred
- Experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas: health systems strengthening, quality improvement, service delivery, improving access, governance, or related fields
- Demonstrated experience leading complex multi-million-dollar donor funded projects, with experience in managing teams of professionals, and with the administrative, procurement, hiring, and recruitment, financial and logistical aspects of project implementation
- Experience in coordination of and collaboration with stakeholders including government agencies, host country governments, NGOs, civil society, and international donor agencies
- Direct experience in Nepal required
- USAID project experience and understanding of USAID’s development priorities preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Nepali advantageous
- Demonstrated strategic planning, problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.