Financial Analyst Expert for Establishment of Southern and Maputo Metropolitan Regional Water Utilities
The objective of the Technical Assistance is to support with a pool of experts the two Regional Water Utilities, Águas da Região Sul and Águas da Região Metropolitana de Maputo, to consolidate the corporatization process, improve operational efficiency to meet the performance standards under the lease contract with lessor (FIPAG), comply with the regulatory requirements and prepare the utilities to enter into partnership with private operators and investors.
The services include:
- Technical assistance and capacity building to the Senior Management Team of the Regional Water Utilities.
- Technical assistance and capacity building to help the Regional Water Utilities to ensure that they have the expertise to implement and update those plans, policies, programs, etc.. Should also improve Non-Revenue Water (NRW), Billing and collection, Energy efficiency, Human resource management, Operations and maintenance, Asset planning & development, Tariffs and regulation, Information technology and Financial management and planning.
Regarding financial management and planning. The ROCs will eventually need to prepare medium term (5-year) operational plans using its internally generated operational data and the TreeVelop financial model that is now being developed for FIPAG. This work should include financial forecasts incorporating operating and capital expenditures, operational improvement initiatives, revenues, profit and loss assessments, balance sheets, cash-flow statements, liabilities, and existing commitments. Longer-term (5-15 year) capital investment programming may also be prepared, based on the 10-year investment program recently developed.
The ROCs will be assisted in this work by the consultants now preparing FIPAG’s financial model as well as the transaction consultants being engaged to develop innovative arrangements for private sector participation in ROCs operations and financing. At some point however the ROCs will need to contribute to and eventually take ownership of this kind of financial management and planning and the preparation for this should begin immediately.
Requested Financial Analyst Expert must have the following profile:
· Msc Degree in economics and finance
· At least 15 years of experience in market and demand analysis, revenue/commercialization, development of business plans, feasibility studies for water companies, financial modelling and preparing proposals for tariff increases and other regulatory amendments.
· At least 3 assignment similar nature and size in developing countries.
· Good knowledge of Portuguese language is requested.
The requested input for this position is approximately 8.5 man-months mainly in Maputo and / or its Region until October 2024.
Starting date is asap.
Only CVs having all requested qualifications will be taken into consideration.