GDSI Limited is opening a call for experts interested in being considered for the position of Project Lead/Contract Manager for the project “Provision of Event Organisation and Related Services for the EC Representation in Ireland”.
The overall subject of the contract is to assist the EC Representation in its communication activity in Ireland aimed at increasing public and media attention to the policy developments and strategic discussions at European Union level. This is to be done by facilitating the organisation of events and campaigns. These activities will be aimed at stimulating public interest, debate and consultation in Ireland on the main political and strategic issues on the EU agenda.
The period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months.
Role and main responsibilities (included, but not limited to the following):
- Prepare a concept of the event, including defining and drafting the programme, publishing and printing it in the required format, translating and distributing it;
- Assist the Contracting authority in deciding on the communication and promotion activities, visual elements, and other design activities such as the concept, target group, venue, speakers, moderators, programme, that are the most appropriate for each event;
- Help the Contracting authority identify any external contributors required (external speakers, moderators and trainers) and shall liaise with them at any time regarding all aspects of the event;
- Coordinate the implementation of all tasks and will provide advice on all aspects of the event during the preparation and the implementation of the event;
- Ensure respect of the planning of the event’s preparation, as agreed with the Contracting authority;
- Ensure that the provision of all services is fully in line with the present tender specifications;
- Be present during all meetings needed for the smooth running of the event; the Project Leader shall also draw up meeting agendas, and meeting minutes and provide overviews on contract implementation as requested by the Contracting authority;
- Be present during the event, where necessary, to ensure logistical tasks (paperwork, handling of material, etc.) including technical aspects (PC, microphones, IT tools and systems etc.); for online and hybrid events oversee and ensure all aspects for smooth operations during the event;
- Coordination and supervision of services and event staff before, during and after the event;
- Be responsible for the evaluation of the event made by the participants.
- Responsible for the management and handling of complaints and issues for specific contracts/events, escalating to the Contract Manager or other senior personnel of the Contractor, where appropriate;
- Be responsible for the management of their staff assisting in events (Projects Assistants);
- Overall management of the Framework Contract, including oversight and reporting on all Specific Contracts awarded;
- Provide the Contractor’s point of contact for the operation of the Framework Contract (and in particular the procedure for specific contracts);
- Be responsible for the management and resolution of complaints and issues regarding the Framework Contract, and the first point of escalation for any event or Specific Contract related complaints and issues.
The proposed Project Lead/Contract Manager should have the following profile:
Qualifications and skills
- A level of education which corresponds to completed relevant university degree of at least Bachelor level or equivalent;
- At least three years of relevant experience in project management, event management, implementation and management of media and public relations events or projects;
- At least two years of experience in management of a team of at least ten people;
- At least 4 years of professional/educational experience requiring a good knowledge of the EU;
- Native level language skills (or equivalent level of at least C1 CEFR2) in English, as guaranteed by a certificate or past relevant experience;
- At least a B1 CEFR2 level language skills in Irish, as guaranteed by a certificate or past relevant experience.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.