Consultancy Services to Provide Business Development Services and Technical Support to Small and Medium Enterprises and major Stakeholders in Ethiopia for the SMEFP
The Overall objective of this assignment is enhancement of the Competencies, performance and competitiveness of the SMEs. Specific objectives include:
- To assist in the development of performance and productivity of participating firms through: tailor made business management and entrepreneurship, marketing strategy, bankable business plan preparation, financial accounting, risk management, human resource management, tailored digital tools for business (such as record keeping, online presence, accounting …etc), financial analysis, etc. trainings,
- To enhance technology adoption capacity of SMEs which develops their competitiveness and facilitate transformational growth of SMEs,
- To train SMEs on new product development,
- To increase access to international / local markets through:
- Business matchmaking and facilitating long term business-to-business linkages,
- Systematic collection and compilation of SME data for the Business Information Center (BIC),
- Use of e-commerce marketplace and digital marketing
- To draw best practices/ lessons from International experiences in regard to BDS provision,
- To support in the establishment of Network of BDS Providers and ultimately create sustainable BDS landscape in Ethiopia,
- To produce proper country level guideline and manuals to support uniform, Standard, / quality Business Development Services (BDS) provision in Ethiopia,
- To transfer international practices that support the development of SMEs in Ethiopia,
- To facilitate exposure visit for capable project beneficiary SMEs,
- To build capacity of Federal and regional investment and trade support institutions, export promotion agencies and business diplomacy , so that they are able to provide better services to SMEs,
- Set standard and procedures for exportable products so that Enterprises are aware of International requirements for the export product.
For an upcoming bid we are selecting an expert who will be involved in the following project activities:
- Tailored Business Advice/counseling,
- Technical trainings on new product development, production efficiency and technology adoption.
- University degree in Agri-business, Food Science, Food Engineering
- At least 7 years of experience in the area of SME training,
- Experience in the region
- Knowledge and experience in conducting need assessments and wide experience in developing training modules/ curriculum, training materials etc.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in market search and delivery of training in in the area of Agro-processing.