We are seeking an outstanding, organized, self-driven, energetic and articulate individual to join Amref’s Institute of Capacity Development (ICD) team to drive the next stage of knowledge management initiatives. The Knowledge Management (KM) Officer will be responsible for delivering technical expertise, guiding the application of knowledge management methodologies, and devising inventive strategies to capture, interpret, and disseminate technical insights within the East Africa Region. You will be part of our Knowledge SUCCESS Project team, which focuses on disseminating Family Planning/Reproductive Health (FP/RH) technical insights within the East Africa Region.
Technical Knowledge Management
- Conduct needs assessments and develop knowledge management strategies.
- You can demonstrate experience in implementing KM strategies within the Africa region.
- Facilitate customised knowledge management capacity strengthening interventions such as workshops and webinars in both virtual and physical settings for relevant partners and stakeholders.
- Create content that is responsive to audience needs, is technically relevant, practical and easy to use.
- Promote knowledge management standards and best practices.
- Integrate knowledge management innovations in all activities as relevant.
- Customize, implement, and integrate innovative Knowledge Management tools and techniques, such as Learning Circles and Knowledge Exchange approaches, into existing platforms.
- Engage partners in identifying their specific knowledge management needs and challenges, fostering open discussions to jointly determine priorities and align knowledge management strategies with partner objectives.
- Devise and execute relevant relationship management and engagement strategies to encourage active participation and knowledge sharing among partners to create a supportive learning environment.
- Facilitate discussions on KM standards, best practices, and innovative approaches and encourage cross-organizational learning and collaboration by providing a platform for partners and stakeholders to exchange ideas and experiences, and showcase their knowledge management initiatives.
- Strengthen internal and external engagements to align with knowledge management goals.
Coordination and Administration
- Document management and reporting, including generation of activity plans, progress reports and presentations.
- Resource coordination and integration of KM resources such as online courses and content, gathering and utilizing feedback for continuous improvement of user experience.
- Coordinate online and in person meetings and events including logistics, scheduling and supporting delivery for success.
Skills and Experience
- You are an excellent communicator, with sound and practical approaches to understanding audiences and developing messages for the targeted audience. You can develop compelling materials that engage and excite your audiences. You have an uncanny ability to produce creative, high-quality written materials, including graphically based presentations, reports and reference materials. You have a great command of spoken and written, with a nit-picky level of attention to detail.
- You have over five (5) years demonstrable experience of being progressively responsible for relevant programmes of a national and/or regional nature. You have robust experience working in the East Africa region within the international and/or development sector. Experience in the health sector would be an added.
- You have a robust, ingrained relationship management playbook that has proven successful in managing and engaging with various partners and stakeholders across the East Africa region. You understand the contextual nuances of working with regional organisations and partners and can interact with leaders and external audiences with maturity and tact.
- You speak “digital” and have impressive skills and experience in data, information and document packaging and management. You are comfortable with setting up and managing communities of practice and other knowledge dissemination platforms.
- You are a people person who loves to collaborate and are comfortable interacting with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures, presenting yourself with gravitas, credibility and diplomacy.
- You have a “can-do” attitude who eats “problems” for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, solving them with ease and following through on commitments, while remaining accountable and compliant as required.
- You are self-driven and work with a high degree of autonomy and strong time management skills with an ability to plan, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work to tight deadlines.
Other Personal Qualities
- Alignment with Amref Health Africa’s mission, values and goals. You can demonstrate ubuntu, integrity, innovation, quick footedness, collaboration, and accountability.
- Drive, agility, ambition and strong commitment to high quality performance.
- Personal credibility and integrity with the ability to inspire, empower a team and engage with a diverse range of stakeholders, and lead by example.
Education and Training
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Studies, Information Science, Public Health, Knowledge Management, Project Management, Communications, International Relations, Development, Government Relations, Diplomacy, or other related fields
- Relevant professional training and/or certification is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/knowledge-management-officer-2/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. The closing date will be October 17, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Although Amref may use different job boards from time to time to further spread its reach for applicants, all open vacancies are published on our website under the Vacancies page and on our official social media pages. Kindly also note that official emails from Amref Health Africa will arrive from an @amref.org address.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.