We are recruiting for a new Strategic Partnership Manager to join our Kenya Country team and support in developing and managing partnerships. This role aims to enable the organization to achieve excellence in strategic partnerships. The role will include developing a strategy on strategic partnerships and cultivating new partnership opportunities aligned with government priorities while growing existing partnerships. The partnership manager will support the organization in building solid relationships with the government at the national and county levels, development agencies, philanthropic foundations, implanting agencies, and various constituencies. You will contribute to laying the groundwork for Amref to effectively support primary health care at scale, leading to population health impact.
This flexible, exciting role is well positioned at the heart of Amref’s strategy and at the leading edge of our drive towards transforming the health of communities. The role is full-time, based in Nairobi.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished, results-focused professional with vision, entrepreneurial spirit, and solid experience in growing strategic partnerships.
You will be part of the Senior Management Team, reporting to the Country Director and dotted line to the Deputy Country Director and Head of Programmes. You will collaborate with various teams to succeed in the role, including programs, business development, and communications.
- Develop a strategic partnership strategy with clear objectives aligned with the Amref Health Africa in Kenya strategic plan 2023-2030.
- Identify and cultivate new partnerships with governments, development agencies, philanthropic foundations, and implementing agencies such as NGOs.
- Research potential opportunities to develop new partnerships geared towards growing the organization and develop and manage a pipeline of partnership opportunities.
- Sustain engagement with partners and potential partners on an ongoing basis to achieve excellence in strategic partnerships.
- Identify opportunities to provide technical assistance to the public sector or other implementing partners and build partnerships to address technical assistance needs.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to colleagues on partnership/relationship management.
- Undertake program design and budgeting, as well as start-up work in conjunction with operations teams.
- Collaborate with the business development team to support preparing or co-creating bids and proposals to various financing agencies; and various other teams including those in programs, communication, advocacy, and finance to advance the organization's strategic partnership agenda.
- Remain updated on current and emerging trends and developments in financing for primary health care, including community health, and work closely with business development and programme teams to understand bilateral and philanthropic funding agencies.
- Represent the organization in external high-level meetings, workshops, and conferences.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, interacting at the senior management level, in scoping new opportunities, strategic partnerships
- Master’s degree preferable in Public Health, Health Systems, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, International Development or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience scoping partnerships with development agencies including philanthropic foundations, Governments, and NGOs in the health sector, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Emerging markets experience, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Proven Experience of working strategically and in developing organizational strategy
- Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Project leadership and management experience.
- Proven ability to drive initiatives with minimal support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at a senior level of Government and diverse spectrum of stakeholders.
- Experience in management consulting and public health, a plus
- Excellent communications skills
- Resourcefulness; Problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills, collaborating, influencing skills
- Highly organized; Detail oriented
- Training and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Proficiency in ICT
How to Apply
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/strategic-partnership-manager/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. The closing date will be Friday 6th October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Although Amref may use different job boards from time to time to further spread its reach for applicants, all open vacancies are published on our website under the Vacancies page and on our official social media pages. Kindly also note that official emails from Amref Health Africa will arrive from an @amref.org address.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.