Chief of Party, USAID/Georgia Data-Driven CLA Project, Tbilisi, Georgia
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is preparing to put together a proposal response for an anticipated five-year project to enable data-driven decision-making and evidence-based collaborating, learning, and adapting within and amongst USAID/Georgia and its implementing partners to improve program management and development impact.
Expected release date of the proposal is December 2023, with an anticipated award date of spring 2024.
Social Impact is seeking a full time Chief of Party (COP) to provide the vision and overall leadership of the project, including overall activity management and overseeing technical operations and support.
This is a full-time position for the duration of the activity, and will be based in Tbilisi, Georgia, contingent upon contract award.
**Please Note: Georgian citizens are highly encouraged to apply. **
- Serve as the leader of the project team, responsible for overall implementation, results, and management.
- Serve as the main point of contact between Social Impact, USAID/Georgia, Government of Georgia officials, and related partners, reporting to all relevant stakeholders.
- Supervise and manage all work of local and international project staff (including employees and consultants).
- Oversee contract work plans, budgets, and reports based on expected contract outputs and results using an adaptive management approach.
- Provide oversight and quality assurance of all CLA and MEL technical tasks under the contract, including research, evaluation and assessment reports and services produced, performance monitoring tasks, data collection, analysis, reporting, CLA/learning and dissemination, and related tasks.
- Ensure MEL technical tasks provided under the contract are responsive to USAID/Georgia and implementing partner needs, and are feasible within USAID/Georgia requirements and the working environment in Georgia.
- Identify issues and risks related to contract management in a timely manner.
- Manage the project’s financial resources in accordance with the budget as well as USAID policies and regulations.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of proposed implementation plans and all reports.
- Master’s degree in social sciences or related field with demonstrated progressive experience in project management of similar development projects.
- Prior experience serving as a Chief of Party of a USAID contract, with preference for prior experience leading MEL support tasks.
- At least 10 years of experience leading and/or designing monitoring, evaluation, and/or learning tasks.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID initiatives, practices, and policies, including the USAID CLA practice, USAID Localization Initiative, etc.
- Proven supervisory, mentorship, and leadership capabilities for all levels of staff (employees and consultants).
- Excellent ability to deliver sound guidance, leadership, and solutions on a variety of MEL, CLA, and other technical tasks.
- Excellent demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and develop relationships with USAID, local professionals, international donors, host country government counterparts, and implementing partners.
- Prior relevant experience in Eastern Europe preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required; professional proficiency in Georgian preferred.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
Come join our diverse, innovative and collaborative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, working as part of a creative and committed team, making a difference in advancing development effectiveness across the globe.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.