Dutystation: Maputo, Mozambique
Under the guidance and supervision of the Country Manager, the driver will be responsible for providing reliable and secure driving services and ensuring proper use of the vehicle as per the organization policy.
The position requires the incumbent to have a client oriented approach, high standards of professionalism and responsibility, good communication skills, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. The position is based inMaputo, Mozambique.
The incumbent of this post is responsible for the following duties:
1. Provides reliable and secure driving services by:
Driving vehicles safely for the transport of authorized personnel;
Collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items;
Meeting official personnel at the airport and facilitating immigration and customs formalities as required.
2. Ensures proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
3. Ensures the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.; performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs; and ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean;
4. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts;
5. Ensures that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
Secondary education is required;
Minimum 2 years of experience as a driver with a safe driving record is required;
Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs is an asset.
Full working knowledge of English and Portuguese is required.
- A valid Mozambique Driver’s license is required