Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The five-year USAID-funded Liberia Data, Evaluation, Learning and Technical Assistance (DELTA) project seeks to provide an innovative degree of analytical and advisory services to USAID/Liberia’s Office of Program and Project Development (PPD) and Technical Office (TO) teams in support of the Mission’s project design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and operational learning and adapting. The project’s objectives will assist the Mission in its ability to:
- identify lessons learned from past experience;
- better understand the complex Liberian development context (including institutional norms and behaviors affecting project results) through advanced research, surveys, data collection and analysis; and
- adapt its programs to this information and analysis.
The project has an established field office in Monrovia to assist the Mission in strengthening its management of key aspects of the programming cycle, specifically strategic planning, project design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and institutionalized learning and adaptation.
SI is seeking a full-time Senior Monitoring Advisor who will serve as Component 1 Lead and be responsible for overall management and functioning of all performance monitoring and related cross-cutting activities, as well as providing technical expertise for performance management training. The successful candidate will report to the DELTA Deputy Chief of Party/Senior M&E Advisor and will supervise the DELTA Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist. This is a full-time position to be based in Monrovia.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Liberian citizenship will be considered.**
The Senior Monitoring Advisor will be responsible for:
- Overseeing overall management and functioning of all performance monitoring and related cross-cutting activities of DELTA, USAID/Liberia, partners, or stakeholders (developing monitoring indicators, processes, and systems, and supporting performance reporting)
- Developing customized approaches to MEL services, using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, focused on results of activities
- Leading review and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data to derive meaningful insights and trends from collected data to inform management decision making.
- Leading reviews of client activity monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans (AMELP)
- Working with the Mission to fill knowledge gaps with new initiatives for data collection and supporting data quality assessment efforts.
- Providing technical expertise for performance management training
- Identifying and undertaking MEL-related trainings for staff
- Overseeing coordination of all day-to-day operations in monitoring, reporting and data collection and ensuring the quality of collected data
- Supporting creation of data visualization and reports for USAID
- Leading Component 1 annual work plan development processes using participatory approaches to solicit inputs of team members.
- Overseeing writing of Component 1 activity and quarterly reports on work plan performance, highlighting achievements, challenges, and recommendations for improvement Supporting the GIS Specialist as it relates to monitoring to incorporate GIS and information systems tasks, manage geospatial maps and data and development of GIS products, and support knowledge management
- Collaborate with other DELTA team members to enhance integration in planning and implementation of various activities
- Coordinate with external partners and stakeholders including USAID, implementing partners, government of Liberia or Short Term Technical Assistants (STTA) when necessary to align monitoring activities and tasks.
- Representing DELTA in technical meetings, workshops, and conferences related to performance monitoring
- Support efforts to incorporate feedback and lessons learned into program implementation for continuous improvement and suggest adaptations to monitoring systems and methodologies to enhance effectiveness.
- Any other tasks requested by the supervisor
A combination of one of the following:
- PhD plus at least four years of relevant experience*
- JD/ABD plus at least six years of relevant experience*
- MS/MA/MBA plus at least eight years of relevant experience*
- BA/BA plus at least ten years of relevant experience*
- Experience should be relevant and include design and implementation of performance monitoring as well as performance and/or impact evaluation, statistical data analyses, and assessments of large and/or complex development projects
- Demonstrated experience developing performance indicators, assessing, and tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics
- Experience supervising, mentoring, and building the capacity of a team of junior to mid-level M&E staff
- Familiar with standard USAID policies, guidance, processes, and indicators; and capable of developing customized indicators
- Familiar with publicly available data sources (such as those of multilateral organizations, think tanks, research institutions, Liberian government agencies/ministries, etc.) and the indicators they measure
- Demonstrated experience developing Performance Management and Evaluation Plans (PMEPs), theories of change, logical frameworks, and results frameworks, at an activity level
- Demonstrated experience training/facilitating workshops with various types of stakeholders on M&E topics; proven ability to distill complex information down to useable and understandable information for stakeholders
- Computer literate skills in using multiple statistical software and possess superior oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Program management experience highly desirable
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.