Donor: European Union and Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
The overall objective to which this action shall contribute is the consolidation of a free and pluralistic media in the Republic of Moldova and to contribute to a functional democratic state. The specific objective of the action is to build capacities among journalists as well as officials and to develop platforms for interaction in order to advocate the freedom of expression and media in Moldova. The duration of the action shall be 24 months. The proposed action will lead to the following expected results:
- Capacities of selected journalists, journalism students, politicians, civil servants, spokespeople and public relations officers have been built up and rights and responsibilities of a free and democratic media landscape have been understood.
- Platforms and initiatives for communication, dialogue and debate have been established and are available for exchange and cooperation between officials and the media, being the interlink with civil society.
Target groups : 60 young journalists and journalism students, 54 national and regional journalists, 190 politicians, civil servants, governmental spokespeople, public relations officers.
Partners : Committee for the Freedom of the Press (CfP), Politische Akademie der ÖVP (PolAk)
- development of curricula,
- multi-media journalism multiplier trainings,
- production of radio programmes,
- online journalism training tool,
- Workshops on international standards and models of political communication,
- 20 press club meetings,
- production of guides (“New Conduct Guide for Spokespeople, Public Relations Officers and Press Liaison Officers”, “New Mass Media in the Republic of Moldova Guide”)