Preliminary Design – Upgrading of Potable Water Treatment Plant Strand – Novi Sad, Serbia
Name of Client: JKP Vodovod i Kanalizacija Novi Sad, Serbia
Location within Country: Novi Sad
Narrative Description of Project:
The potable water treatment plant Strand is locate in Novi Sad. Plant capacity is 5,400 m3/h of treated water.
Existing plant consists of following processes:
• Aeration with retention for Fe and ammonia removal
• Sand fitration
• Water disinfection
Due to occasional presence of mineral oils and benzene in water, as well as presence of TOC in water, it is foreseen to upgrade water treatment plant with following process units.
• Main ozonization
• GAC adsorption
In addition UV disinfection will be added to plant to improve water disinfection process.
Description of Actual Services Provided by ITSC:
The Preliminary Design for Upgrading of Potable water treatment plant Strand covers the following services:
• Investigation and evaluation of relevant available data on water quality and plant operation data
• Evaluation of different alternatives regarding the position of ozone in the process line
• Analysis of necessary ozone dosage for removal of Fe, Mn, nitrate and TOC
• Determination of optimum type of ozone generators and GAC
• Process calculations and preparation of technical specifications
• Preparation of drawings and bill of quantities
• Determination of investment costs, operating costs and influence on price of potable water
Total no. of Staff: 12