Project ID: P163461
Project Title: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Hydropower and Renewable Energy Development
Borrower Bid Reference: PK-PEDO-344261-CW-RFB
Published Date: 02-Jun-2023
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Request for Bids
Employer: Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization (PEDO) through PMO KHRE
Project: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Hydropower Renewable Energy Development (KHRE)
Contract title: Gabral Kalam Hydropower Project, Package 1 - CIVIL WORKS – Water Conveyance Structure (weir, diversion structure, tunnel etc.), Access Roads and Bridges – (Rebidding)
Country: Islamic Republic of Pakistan
Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No.: IBRD-91640; IDA 67790
RFB No: PK-PEDO-344261-CW-RFB
Issued on: June 07, 2023
1. The Islamic Republic of Pakistan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Hydropower Renewable Energy Development (KHRE), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Gabral Kalam Hydropower Project, Package 1 - CIVIL WORKS – Water Conveyance Structure (weir, diversion structure, tunnel etc), Access Roads and Bridges – (Rebidding), located in District Swat of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province (KP). For this contract the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing.
2. The PEDO through PMO KHRE now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the Works, including, but not limited to the below:
A. Construction of Civil Works:
- Diversion weir/Concrete dam
- River diversion works during construction
- Connecting channel
- Inlet pond
- Headrace tunnel
- Access tunnels
- Surge shaft
- Pressure shaft
- Permanent and Temporary bridges
- Temporary and Permanent access roads
- Power House, Control & GIS Buildings
- Tail Race
- Protection and Slope Stabilization works
- Allied works including landscaping etc.
B. Design, Supply, Installation and Testing of Hydraulic Steel Structure (HSS) Works:
- Gates, Stop logs, Trash racks, Cranes, Steel liner, Manifold etc.
Quantities, location of project and other necessary information is described under Section VII “Works’ Requirements” of the Bidding Documents.
Construction Duration shall be 4 years.
A margin of preference shall not be applicable.
3. Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers- Procurement in Investment Projects Financing” Fourth Edition, November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Office of Director Project-GKHPP and inspect the bidding document during office hours at the address given below.
5. The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Pakistani Rupee 150,000/- or equivalent USD. The method of payment will be through cashier’s check, pay order or bank draft drawn on a scheduled bank of Pakistan in favor of the “Head PMO, Construction of 88 MW Gabral”. The document will be sent by airmail or courier as appropriate or it may be picked up from the Employer’s address given below.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 1400 Hrs, August 07, 2023. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below at 1400 Hrs on August 07, 2023.
7. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of USD 2,000,000 or its equivalent in another freely convertible currency calculated on the base of the selling exchange rate of the State Bank of Pakistan on the date of 28 days before the latest date of the bid submission in the form of Bank Guarantee or Insurance Bond.
8. Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
9. The address referred to above is:
Director Project (88 MW GKHPP),
Ground Floor, NESPAK Building (PMO KHRE, PEDO),
Plot# 24, Sect B/2, Phase-5 Hayatabad, Peshawar
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province
Islamic Republic of Pakistan
ZIP Code: 25000
Telephone No.: +92 91 921 9616-7
(Note: The Evaluation & Qualification Criteria is attached as Annex to this SPN for info of the potential Bidders and can be viewed on-line on PEDO website(www.pedo.pk).
Organization/Department: Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization
Name: Faraz Khan
Address: Plot No. 38, Sect B-2, Phase-5 Hayatabad, Peshawar