Project: Technical Assistance for “CREATE IN IZMIR: Entrepreneurial Hub of Cultural and Creative Industries”
DAI is looking for: Project Assistant – Office Manager
1. Background information
The beneficiary country for this project is the Republic of Turkey. The Contracting Authority and final beneficiary is the EU Financial Programmes Directorate of the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology, DG for EU and Foreign Affairs (MoSIT/DoEUFP), while The End Recipient is Izmir University of Economics.
2. Project Objective
The project's overall objective is to increase and sustain competitive growth and development in Izmir and its hinterland. The purpose is to create an entrepreneurial ecosystem among CCIs, the manufacturing industry and the tourism sector to foster innovative and creative economic development.
In order to address the problems and exploit opportunities articulated in Section 1, the project consists of three main activity groups. These activities will serve to create an entrepreneurial ecosystem among CCIs, the manufacturing industry and the tourism sector to foster innovative and creative economic development. The project, in particular, will target sectors in CCIs as design (industrial design, fashion design, product design, graphic design), software (other software publishers, web portals, computer programming companies), games (publishers of computer games), TV & film (motion picture, video and programme production, post-production and distribution companies, motion picture projection companies, TV programming and broadcasting companies). Other CCIs (which are not listed above) are also related to the project on the secondary axis, although not in the primary priority. The correlation between targeted CCIs sectors and manufacturing/tourism sectors will be supported.
The first activity of the TA component is:
a) "Understanding of Creative Industries in Region" This activity will ensure mapping, diagnostic study, best practices and latest trends. Specifically, this activity aims to expose the current situation and potential in creative industries. Additionally, the synergy between creative industries and other sectors will be presented.
b) "Establishment of Digital Hub". This activity will define the hub model and operational structure, workshops with stakeholders, creativity readiness level, define the Aegean design identity guide, develop a digital hub and mobile app, train trainees, and arrange international and coordination meetings. With these activities, a digital, accessible hub that meets the needs specified within the project's scope and offers new opportunities will emerge. Specifically, this activity is aimed that a well-structured organization, website (portal) and mobile app, creativity readiness level, improving international networks, capacity and community building.
The second activity is "Development of Innovative and Creative Product Capacity of SMEs". This activity will ensure the operating digital hub. Specifically, under this activity is aimed that informative seminars, and workshops for creative and manufacturing industries, preparing creative industry enterprise toolkits, organizing ideathon, hackathons, entrepreneurship training programmes, mentoring programmes, and pitch events. Meanwhile, the operational process includes meeting professionals and SMEs in CCIs and manufacturing industries through activities, supporting socio-economic development, and meeting investors and entrepreneurs.
The third activity is "Promotion of Creative Hub Model and Creative Entrepreneurial Ecosystem". This activity will ensure dissemination of the project, awareness of CCIs, digital hub and results. Specifically, under this activity is aimed at actively using social media, promoting hub on media channels like news, academic research, international creative and cultural industries biennial, and conducting digital marketing and advertisements.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Project Assistant will assist the Team Leader (TL) in the coordination of all activities and project team in the implementation of the project to carry out all administrative tasks for ensuring that the project is fully completed on time.
Support for the day-to-day efficient operation and coordination of the Project and its activities, including the following:
- Ensure daily operation of project office (answering phone calls, daily contact with the Beneficiary, responding emails, following up official correspondence and approval requests, providing necessary administrative support for the Technical Assistance Team).
- Enter necessary data on project databases.
- Provide administrative support for project experts in line with request/assignment by the Team Leader.
- Coordinate the project correspondence, archive incoming and outgoing documents.
- Provide support in written translation and interpretation when necessary.
- Ensure the timesheets are filled in an accurate and timely manner, to support the Team Leader for getting approvals on timesheets.
- Ensure that stationary materials and devices are available in the office.
- Provide necessary content and visuals for the project website.
- Archive all project outputs.
- Provide necessary support for the preparation of all visuals about the project.
Management and Organization
- Support the administrative organization for project meetings (internal meetings, meetings with beneficiary, monthly management meeting, steering committee meeting, etc.) Including sending invitations, coordinating meeting preparations, taking minutes in meetings, disseminating minutes to relevant parties).
- Support the organization of training, conferences, meetings, workshops in the scope of the project preparations, logistical support during the event, evaluation, and archive support after the event, etc.
- Announce project training events, conferences, meetings, workshops via e-man, follow up via phone, to provide necessary administrative support on the day of the event Carry out travel, accommodation, transfer reservations work for the project. Support the experts in organizing study visits.
- Participate in events held in another province or abroad for providing necessary administrative and logistic support when necessary.
- Knowledge of MIS system of Ministry of Industry and Technology
- Prepare monthly reports on project spending and daily petty cash and submit those to the Finance Department.
- Send yearly VAT exemption declarations to the tax work for the project.
- Track petty cash
- Carry out other tasks as assigned
- Prior experience in EU projects
- Knowledge of project management cycle
- Have excellent analytical skills and research ability.
- Relevant internship experiences
- Other tasks as assigned by the project Team Leader.
- Relevant university degree.
- Minimum 1 year of general professional experience in administrative and financial management.
- Working with international organizations is a strong asset.
- Excellent command of English and Turkish
- Self-motivated and flexible for the dynamic environment. Being practical, productive, analytic and a researcher for the business
- Passionate for our business and vision
- Adapt flexible working hours and meticulous works Manage time and able to work in teams with strict deadlines
Place of posting: Izmir, Turkiye
Indicative Starting date: November 2023
Indicative duration: 18 months
Deadline for submission of applications: 16th October 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that only short-listed candidates will receive an answer.