Languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Swahili
Highest Degree: Masters
Experience: 37 years
Sectors: Rural Development, Humanitarian Aid & Emergency, Training, Food Processing & Safety, Programme & Resource Management, Agriculture, Livestock (incl. animal/bird production & health)
Address: Box 558, Nakuru 20100, Kenya
Phone: +254 (0)722 925502
Cellphone: +254 723 335900
- Born, raised and managed family DAIRY farm in The Netherlands.
- Worked and lived in Africa and Asia over 35 years, long-term assignments with FAO, EU, DGIS-SNV (NL). Assignments in livestock or livelihood projects within local governments and small-scale value chains. Shift is taken place from subsistence to more commercialized farming to improve farmers’ income and secure proper food safety.
- Also worked in vulnerable areas stricken by war, draught, hunger and/or poverty. Resolving humanitarian and conflict crises and effects of climate change.
- Last 12 years expanding family DAIRY business in Kenya. Happy Cow Ltd (HCL) employs 160 persons with turnover of USD 4 million. HCL procures milk from 3,500 small-medium scale farmers to process daily 20,000 ltr in cheese and yoghurt.
- The last 6 years HCL pioneered a Quality Based Milk Payment System (QBMPs) reducing bacterial contamination and misuse of anti-biotics. QBMPs includes bonus payment for premium milk quality. HCL is in a transition phase to next family generation.
- Team player and able to share my expertise and follow leadership directives. Networking with others, like international NGO’s, has my interest to seek complimentary resources.