I am in the business of human rights, restorative & social justice, transformation, public management and policy, land and agrarian reform, land politics, decolonization, international development and digital economy. I also possess a fair knowledge on Human Resource Management. I hold a Master's Degree in Public Policy from the University of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa.
Experience: 18 years of experience
- 5 years in international development within the UN system focusing on policy research and legislation development in land reform, rural development, agriculture, communication and digital technologies. Designed and implemented projects in training and development, post-settlement support to communities around protected areas, digital skills for decent jobs for youth and enterprise development for youth and women in agriculture. United Nations.
- 6 years of Skills Development planning, functionality assessment & analysis and implementation of interventions such as training, mentorship and enterprise development in Rural Development, Agriculture, Legal Entity Governance, and Digital Technologies, predominantly working with Communal Property Institutions (CPIs), Community Trusts, Cooperatives, Youth and Women. Government/Public Entity.
- 7 years of experience in the research of individual and community land right' claims, development planning for post-settlement support and project management in the South African Govt. Public Sector.
- Overall, 18 years of Research, Program and Project Management, Policy Analysis, Community Development and Report Writing.
- Community & Rural Development.
- Social Facilitation
- Planning advocacy campaigns and public participation
- Land and Agrarian Reform.
- Policy Research, Development and Analysis: Land Reform & Digital skills.
- International Development.
- Business/Enterprise Development, Project Design, Execution and Management.
- Skills Development and Training: Public Policy, Land Restitution, Agriculture & Digital Skills.
- Qualitative Research.
- Partnerships and Stakeholder Management.
- Knowledge Management.
- Resources Mobilization.
- Mobilised an equivalent of ±ZAR50 million in resources between 2017 and 2021 for the Land Reform and Rural Development Policy Research and land claims Post-settlement Support Development. A UNDP-DALRRD-IFAD Partnership. https://erc.undp.org/evaluation/evaluations/detail/12813
- Commissioned, quality assured and communicated research findings of over 60 policy research papers on Land, Rural Development, Agriculture & Digital Skills and Technologies Frameworks to relevant stakeholders. High-level Focus: Land Tenure, Land Administration, Land Redistribution, Agriculture, Rural Development, Land and Gender, Youth Participation, Beneficiary Selection and Land Allocation.
- Led the development and finalization of the 2020-2025 UN-Joint Programme Cooperation Agreement on Decent Jobs for Youth Not in Employment, Education or Training (NEET). A UNDP-ILO-ITU-DCDT Partnership Programme.
- Designed and implemented Digital Skills Pilot Project for 150 Youth Not in Employment, Education or Training (NEET) to support the South African Government District Development Model in OR Tambo and Waterberg District Municipalities. (2020-2022).
- Designed and implemented Skills Development and Training Project for Women in Agriculture in KwaZulu Natal and Free State (2020 to 2022).
- Coordinated and managed Agriculture and Rural Development skills development partnerships across Mpumalanga Province (2011 to 2016).
- Distributed and managed over ZAR30 million in emerging farmers' grants for upskilling (2011 to 2016).
- Investigated and settled claims on rights to land for Ministerial approval or litigation. Provided evidence to Land Claims Court when required.
Activities for the last 5-years
- Project activity planning- prepared annual work plan, project budgeting and reviews, prepared activities/project implementation plans and control measures.
- Designed, developed and/ or compiled Portfolio-related technical documentation- Concepts Notes, Cooperation Agreements, New projects, Activity Specifications/Terms of Reference, and Management Talking Points.
- Formed, coordinated, facilitated, and led Technical Task Teams (TTT) technical meetings discussions.
- Compiled TTT meetings’ minutes, briefings, UNDP internal briefings, UNDP Notes to File, and UNDP Regional and Global Reports.
- Worked on procurement-related activities- compiled procurement plan, conducted proposals evaluations, reviewed contracts for fit-for-purpose, filled in procurement forms as required, sent contracts to appointed technical experts, prepared memos for contract extension or cancellation due to quality issues, and carried out day-to-day project execution control and monitoring.
- Prepared for, coordinated and facilitated briefing meetings for the onboarding of the experts.
- Prepared project technical, financial, status and progress reports.
- Monitored project budget/expenditure and managed risks.
- Maintained constant communication with the Government, primary partners and other internal (UN System) and external stakeholders to follow up on tasks and the impact that might have on the partnership's annual and quarterly plans.
- Managed synergies and proposed implementation modalities for maximum value add.
- Served as a conduit between researchers and policymakers.
- Monitored the progress of implementation by technical experts.
- Executed technical reports quality assurance and advised the Government and other primary partners accordingly or conducted deliverables auditing.
- Coordinated and facilitated experts’ meetings, compiled meetings’ reports and shared them with technical task teams’ leaders.
- Worked in other UNDP and UN System technical teams – developed briefings, technical advisory notes, concept notes, cooperation agreements, research, reports reviews, agreements assessments, etc.
- Do day-to-day project management and administration activities and hold update/Adhoc meetings with the partners.
- Coordinated Project Steering Committee meetings.
- Served as technical secretary to the Projects Steering Committees and prepared progress status, quarterly and annual reports.
- Participated in other UNDP and UN System humanitarian and covid-19 activities as required.
- Resource Mobilisation.
- Compiled and submit reports to the Regional and Global UNDP system as per the prescripts of the organisation or as required.