11 April 2018 12:11
An overview of the evaluation results (Flash Call Info) is now available here below under the tab "additional documents".
06 April 2018 13:46
An overview of the evaluation results (Flash Call Info) is now available under the tab "additional documents".
23 November 2017 17:16
The ERC-2017-AdG call closed on 31 August 2017.
A total of 2167 proposals were submitted in response to the ERC 2017 Advanced Grant Call (ERC-2017-AdG). The number of proposals for each domain is shown below:
o Physical Sciences & Engineering (Panels: PE1 - PE10) 994
o Life Sciences (Panels: LS1 - LS9) 631
o Social Sciences & Humanities (Panels: SH1 - SH6) 542
The next call ERC-2018-AdG is planned to be published and be opened for submission on the Participant Portal in May 2018.
17 May 2017 09:31
The submission session is now available for: ERC-2017-ADG(ERC-ADG)
TOPIC : ERC Advanced Grant
|Publication date:||16 May 2017|
|Types of action:||ERC-ADG Advanced Grant|
Planned opening date:
16 May 2017
|Deadline:||31 August 2017 17:00:00|
|Time Zone : (Brussels time)|
Advanced Grants are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they are already established research leaders with a recognised track record of research achievements. Applicant Principal Investigators must demonstrate the ground-breaking nature, ambition and feasibility of their scientific proposal.
Size of ERC Advanced Grants
Advanced Grants may be awarded up to a maximum of EUR 2 500 000 for a period of 5 years. The maximum award is reduced pro rata temporis for projects of a shorter duration. This does not apply to ongoing projects.
However, up to an additional EUR 1 000 000 can be requested in the proposal to cover (a) eligible "start-up" costs for Principal Investigators moving to the EU or an Associated Country from elsewhere as a consequence of receiving the ERC grant, and/or (b) the purchase of major equipment, and/or (c) access to large facilities. As any additional funding is to cover major one-off costs it is not subject to pro-rata temporis reduction for projects of shorter duration. All funding requested is assessed during evaluation.
Profile of the ERC Advanced Grant Principal Investigator
ERC Advanced Grant Principal Investigators are expected to be active researchers and to have a track record of significant research achievements in the last 10 years which must be presented in the application. There is little prospect of an application succeeding in the absence of such a record, which identifies investigators as exceptional leaders in terms of originality and significance of their research contributions.
Thus, in most fields, Principal Investigators of Advanced Grant proposals will be expected to demonstrate a record of achievements appropriate to the field and at least matching one or more of the following benchmarks:
- 10 publications as main author (or in those fields where alphabetic order of authorship is the norm, joint author) in major international peer-reviewed multidisciplinary scientific journals, and/or in the leading international peer-reviewed journals and peer-reviewed conferences proceedings of their respective field;
- 3 major research monographs, of which at least one is translated into another language. This benchmark is relevant to research fields where publication of monographs is the norm (e.g. humanities and social sciences).
Other alternative benchmarks that may be considered (individually or in combination) as indicative of an exceptional record and recognition in the last 10 years:
- 5 granted patents;
- 10 invited presentations in well-established internationally organised conferences and advanced schools;
- 3 research expeditions led by the applicant Principal Investigator;
- 3 well-established international conferences or congresses where the applicant was involved in their organisation as a member of the steering and/or organising committee;
- International recognition through scientific or artistic prizes/awards or membership in well-regarded Academies or artefact with documented use (for example, architectural or engineering design, methods or tools);
- Major contributions to launching the careers of outstanding researchers;
- Recognised leadership in industrial innovation.