Sep 16, 2022 4:55:45 PM
The KDT JU Work Programme 2022 has been updated with information about FR national eligibility criteria (pages 89-96) and RO national contacts (page 134).
Jul 27, 2022 12:34:17 PM
The KDT JU Work Programme 2022 has been updated with information about CY budget (page 14) and national eligibility criteria (pages 76-78).
Jul 14, 2022 8:07:37 PM
The KDT JU Work Programme 2022 has been updated with information about AT national eligibility criteria (page 65), EE national eligibility criteria (page 82) and SE national eligibility criteria (pages 140-142).
Jul 1, 2022 4:25:41 PM
The KDT JU Work Programme 2022 has been updated with information about the ES (MAETD) budget (page 14).
Jun 27, 2022 3:15:40 PM
The KDT JU Work Programme 2022 has been updated with information about the DK national eligibility criteria (pages 79-81) and TR national eligibility criteria (pages 143-144).
More information for the Swiss applicants interested to participate in KDT Calls 2022 (RIA and IA Actions) is available here: International tenders (innosuisse.ch)
Jun 20, 2022 5:46:27 PM
The KDT JU Work Programme 2022 has been updated with information about the ES national eligibility criteria (pages 132-139), PT budget (page 14) and eligibility criteria (pages 127-128) and BE-BXL budget (page 14).
May 31, 2022 9:00:45 PM
The KDT JU Work Programme 2022 has been updated with information about the NL budget (page 14) and eligibility criteria for FR, NL and ES (pages 86, 119 & 131).
May 25, 2022 7:38:01 PM
The KDT JU Work Programme 2022 has been updated as follows
- Correction FR&DE budget - page 14
- Correction ES national eligibility rules - page 131
- Correction DK national eligibility rules - page 80
- Update Communication section - page 46
- Correction CZ budget and rules - page 14 &77
- Typos corrections – pages 9, 45 & 60
May 3, 2022 12:00:15 AM
The submission session is now available for: HORIZON-KDT-JU-2022-2-RIA-Focus-Topic-2(HORIZON-JU-RIA)
Ecodesigned smart electronic systems supporting the Green Deal objectives (RIA)
TOPIC ID: HORIZON-KDT-JU-2022-2-RIA-Focus-Topic-2
Programme: Horizon Europe Framework Programme (HORIZON)
Call: HORIZON-KDT-JU-2022-2-RIA (HORIZON-KDT-JU-2022-2-RIA)
Type of action: HORIZON-JU-RIA HORIZON JU Research and Innovation Actions
Type of MGA: HORIZON Action Grant Budget-Based [HORIZON-AG]
Deadline model: single-stage
Opening date: 03 May 2022
Deadline date: 21 September 2022 17:00:00 Brussels time
This call relates to the third general objective of the KDT-JU: ensure that components and systems technologies address Europe’s societal and environmental challenges that can be realized by establishing and strengthen sustainable and resilient ECS value chains supporting the Green Deal.
Proposals shall cover along the lines of sustainability and recyclability:
- Develop innovative design and manufacturing methodologies for smart electronic systems, considering eco-design principles, including aspects related to life cycle, end-of life, standardisation, certification, easy repair and regulation compliance. Accessible environmental data repository and exchange framework should also be taken into account.
- Demonstrate that reliability-by-design principles maximise the durability of the smart electronic systems proposed or else allow second life of electronic components, products or systems in future. Important factors are repair-friendly product designs, solution to enable predictive maintenance and availability of spare parts, implemented through new business models.
- Target more efficient recovery and recycling solutions or/and optimisation of the use of resources (i.e. reuse/repair/repurpose, recovery and recycling of waste and materials with a special attention to rare earth metals) over the lifetime of smart electronic systems (for example by appropriate packaging design). Specifications for equipment and systems for sorting, waste stream separation, recycling processes of such electronic components.
And along the lines of increased energy efficiency:
- Innovative smart (AI Based) embedded software (intelligent firmware, energy-oriented OS support, power-aware resource management) capable to exploit the new energy characteristics and features of electronic components and their integration to deliver green embedded and cyber-physical systems that can be adopted in vertical domains (as for example mobility and industry) and result in significantly better energy usage.
Proposals shall also consider:
- Support the establishment of standards and certification processes for LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) on electronics components & systems and shared database on GHG (Greenhouse Gas) emissions of electronic components systems.
- Consider low-cost and universal track and trace hardware for control of the origin of the parts and anti-counterfeit components.
- Propose relevant Key Performance Indicators / Key Impact Indicators quantifying the improvement of the proposed smart electronic system with regards to energy consumption, extended product lifetime, reduced material usage and recyclability and low environmental footprint.
- Propose policy support measures in support of green ECS.
- Concepts how to include whole ECS value chains up to recycling of components or systems or system repair.