For an ongoing project GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced international Team Leader (f/m/d) with specialisation in water supply/sanitation/agriculture.
Country/City: Tanzania (Bariadi and Mwanza, close to Lake Victoria)
Project Start: as soon as possible
Duration: Until August 2025 with an option for extension
About the Company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com
The Simiyu Climate Resilience Project (SCRP) is financed by the Green Climate Fund (GCF) of the German Government through the German Development Bank (KfW) and the Government of Tanzania. The objective of the SCRP is to increase the resilience of rural and urban households, particularly small-scale farmers and women, living in the Simiyu Region against the expected impact of climate change and to improve government policies and regulations towards improved climate change adaptation.
More information is given in the attached flyer.
Main Duties in this Position
- Heading the consultant’s team: 8 key experts, 18 additional key experts and 18 other experts (total of 20 local experts and 24 international experts), with average task force of about 15 persons per month to coordinate (implementation phase). We expect someone with excellent soft competences such as professional team leadership, good team spirit and communication skills;
- Profound project experience, preferably in (Eastern) African countries with similar socio-economic conditions;
- >10 years of overall working experience ;
- Specific experience: >5 years of experience in managing donor-funded infrastructure projects (design, project implementation and accompanying measures for similar-sized infrastructure including ESHS challenges) as team leader, project manager.
- Sc. in Civil Engineering or equivalent in a project-related field, preferably water supply. The team leader should be focused on coordinating large teams for multi-sectoral projects with ESHS challenges, with a water engineer’s background.
Required Expertise / Profile
- Good understanding and proven track record in fields such urban and rural water supply, climate-adapted agricultural practices, small-scale irrigation, sanitation and hygiene practices, with at least 10 years of practical professional experience in the sector;
- Long-term work experience as team leader / coordinator in international donor-funded development projects, preferably KfW;
- Work experience in Africa, preferably in East African countries with similar socio-economic conditions. A track record of working in Tanzania would be an advantage;
- Strong experience in management and (financial) administration of large development projects, including M&E of project implementation; experience with managing a disposition fund of the German Financial Cooperation (KfW) would be a strong asset;
- Professional experience with donor-funded projects preferably gained in long-term assignment (KfW, WB, EIB, AfDB, ADB) on management procedures, reporting, procurement, etc. is a requirement;
- Proficiency in the English language; Kiswahili would be an additional asset.
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
The project has started in July 2021. We are looking for a replacement of the current team leader with immediate effect (June/July 2022). The project will run until August 2025, with a possibility of extension.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV, copies of relevant diplomas/degrees and employers‘ certificates including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability to:
Quoting the Job ref. no.: TAN-TL/2022-05
51063 Köln (Cologne), Germany