Atlas Corps offers leadership development programs to rising social change leaders around the world, and we are pleased to announce the launch of our Virtual Leadership Institute, an online learning community that provides professional and networking opportunities. We are now recruiting American professionals with a passion for social impact, intercultural exchange, and diplomacy.
Over the course of this 5-month program, the Virtual Leadership Institute is focused around three themes of Developing Self, Developing Others, and Leading Movements. This online program includes keynote speakers, interactive workshops, self-led activities, discussion groups, and community-building activities with leading U.S. and global organizations and leaders. Program activities will also address topics such as U.S. and Russian relations, diversity and inclusion, and civil society. Participants, known as Atlas Corps Scholars, will also work on an individual project focused on their own professional development and/or on positive social impact for the community.
The Virtual Leadership Institute is implemented with partial support from the U.S. Embassy in Moscow, as part of a special initiative to build stronger ties between Russians and Americans. Our program will include 60 Russian Scholars and 30 American Scholars.
- Fit one of the following categories: 1) Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident; OR 2) a Russian citizen currently living in Russia;
- Have two or more years of full-time professional experience working to address critical social issues;
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Be proficient in English (oral, writing, reading);
- Be aged 35 or younger;
- Have the technological capacity to participate in video calls which may be during working hours (1-2 per month);
- Be available to commit to 3 hours of online activity and assignments per week for 5 months
- Be committed to applying the knowledge gained from their Atlas Corps experience in the U.S.
This program is best suited for rising leaders who seek structured professional development, have a passion for social impact, and have an interest in making international connections with U.S. and Russian citizens. Early to mid-career professionals with a background or interest in international affairs, diplomacy, and U.S.-Russian relations will also benefit from participation in this program.
- Engagement in approximately 100 hours of FREE professional development training;
- Publicity on Atlas Corps external communication channels;
- Access to additional Atlas Corps trainings and opportunities;
- Lifetime enrollment in the global Atlas Corps Community (of 1100+ social change leaders from 110+ countries) upon successful completion;
- Eligibility for funds (up to $1,000) to support a Leadership Project implementation that is focused on your professional development and/or on positive social impact for the community.
For more information, please visit usa.atlascorps.org or email email@example.com.