The Center for Evaluation and Development (C4ED), Germany, is looking to recruit thematic experts on a fixed-term contract to join an evaluation team for a study on strengthening civil society in Uganda. Expected duration of the evaluation is March 2022 until July 2024 (subject to change). These positions are for a current proposal and are contingent on C4ED being awarded the contract by the client for this consultancy.
C4ED’s vision is to make development interventions more effective through impact evaluations and providing evidence-based policy advice. With a strong focus on mixed-methods and quantitative impact evaluations related to sustainable development, C4ED is one of the leading German research centers in the areas of poverty reduction, microfinance, health insurance, education, humanitarian assistance, agriculture, and nutrition. C4ED is currently conducting projects all over the world and maintains research relationships with 3ie, ACTED, GCF, GIZ, IFAD, ILO, IPA, J-PAL, the World Bank, WFP, and UNICEF to name just a few of its cooperation partners.
The successful candidates will be expected to have extensive experience of topics such as civil society empowerment, advocacy for women and minority rights, gender equality, freedom of expression, and/or freedom of religion, preferably gained in Uganda. They shall support a baseline and mid-term review of several initiatives aimed at strengthening civil society in Uganda. Working experience in Uganda would be essential. The experts will contribute to the achievement of the objectives and deliverables, assuring the highest quality work and timeliness.
Suitable candidates are expected to fulfill the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in social sciences such as anthropology, humanitarian and development studies, social work, public policy, religious studies, or comparable degree in another discipline.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience for junior posts and 5-10 years for mid-tier posts, or more than 10 years for senior posts.
- Experience in women and minority rights, gender equality, freedom of expression, and/or freedom of religion.
- Experience in projects strengthening civil society and advocacy is highly desired.
- Experience in conducting research in Uganda is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills in English are essential.
Tasks that will be undertaken or supported by successful candidates may include:
- Assessing the progress of civil society interventions against specific thematic indicators;
- Assessing the coherence of civil society policy implementation;
- Assessing the efficiency of civil society policy implementation;
- Assessing sustainability of civil society policy implementation and
- Formulating practicable lessons learned.
Ideally, candidates are detail-oriented, adept at multitasking and can work under pressure, as part of a team of researchers. They enjoy interacting with a wide range of individuals ranging from researchers to clients and research partners in the project countries, and they can maintain good collaborations. The position may include short travel to research project sites.
We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter, transcripts, and a sample of your work that you have conducted. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Please submit your full application by the 17th of February 2022.
For further information, please contact Tanja Topuzoglu (email@example.com). To submit your application, please fill out the questionnaire that you will find under the following link http://careers.c4ed.org and mention the reference (J2202TEP).