EnCompass LLC is seeking a Senior Operations Specialist to support and lead a variety of operations functions including budget monitoring and forecasting, safety and security, and project management support to Project Operations Management(POM) and Home Office (HO)/country-based projects at all phases of the project cycle. This position also supports business development efforts with cost proposals and partnering, as needed.
The position will be working a hybrid work schedule with some work out of the Rockville, MD office when required. Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the Unanet accounting system to include: liaising with Unanet administrators; troubleshooting; working with project managers and accounting team members to enter new project budgets; budget forecasting and monitoring; implementing new functions that become available within Unanet; creating new reports to use in Unanet; developing Unanet job aids; and training and troubleshooting with Unanet users
- Supports project and finance teams in tracking project budgets
- Co-leads preparing and updating annual projections, to include fully leading Unanet-related actions; meets with VPs and project teams to review projections
- Provides support to the POM, Home Office units/departments, and country office staff in project startup, implementation, and closeout, including assisting in the development of operations standards, procedures, manuals, and protocols for field-based projects
- Stays current and shares best practices in assigned Operations-related areas of oversight
- Provides training and liaises with POM members to support all aspects of project management
- Manages areas of security management at EnCompass:
- Communicating day-to-day with Global Security Advisor
- Leading check-ins and coordination with security providers
- Updating of country-specific security plans
- Liaising with project teams on all aspects of safety and security
- Updating the Travel and Security sites on SharePoint
- Contributes to business development activities by developing project and task order budgets and coordinating with external teaming partners, as needed
- Proactively identifies areas of process improvement
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external partners
- Engages fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a High School Diploma and 10 years of experience; Associate’s degree and 8 years of experience; Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience working in accounting, business administration, or related field
Experience and Skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office including MS Word and Excel
- Proficiency with government accounting software (Unanet) required
- Knowledge of US Government contracts desired
- Ability to maintain attention to detail resulting in work reflecting a high degree of accuracy
- Exhibits dependability, reliability, and a willingness to work outside required set hours when deadlines require
- Excellent management, organization, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet required deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Communicates credibly and diplomatically with all levels in an organization
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to use an appreciative approach in client and colleague interactions and coaching others in developing these techniques
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.