EnCompass LLC seeks (Senior) Performance Monitoring Specialist candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Accelerating the U.S.-India Partnership Platform (APP) Activity to be based in New Delhi, India. The APP Activity will support USAID/India staff and stakeholders to be more efficient, effective, transparent and skilled in achieving planned development outcomes by providing design, monitoring, evaluation, assessment, and learning, and organizational development services as well as integrating collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) throughout the design and implementation of USAID/India’s activities.
The position will be full-time and be based in in New Delhi, India, with travel throughout the country. Citizens of India are encouraged to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The (Senior) Performance Monitoring Specialist will lead and support performance monitoring and conducting evaluability assessments, evaluation synthesis for India APP. They will support USAID/India on Data Quality Analyses, lead/oversee the review of activity-level MEL plans, and work to ensure the quality and utility of performance monitoring data. They will also participate in the design and delivery of training on MEL to Mission staff and partners, as appropriate on latest performance management and monitoring techniques including complexity aware monitoring approaches and on remote monitoring and data collection. They will also support the site visits by reviewing reporting methods, carrying out training needs analysis, designing reporting tools, and advising technical offices on ways to improve on-site monitoring performance.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and develop the organizational learning tools and outcomes process including developing “Top Outcomes/results” process.
- Support the quarterly/annual analysis and documentation of outcomes across the Mission by gathering, analyzing and sharing information about Mission’s activities and outcomes
- Work with the Mission technical offices to create a better system for capturing the outcomes information for analysis and adaptive management
- Build on efforts to learn from failure, including organizing events such as the annual “Fail Forward” and after-action reviews
- Help to create a culture of learning at the Mission, through staff communications and events and through collecting and sharing best practices from staff and coordination of the MEL and CLA Community of Practice
- Support need-based trainings on MEL and collaborating, learning, and adapting, as needed
- Support the activity design teams during technical assistance as needed
- Support the use of the new design guidance, including responding to questions from staff, supporting structured trainings / brown bags, preparing presentations, dashboards and reports, and other tasks as needed
- Capture lessons learned from strategy refresh processes through participation in programmatic strategy retreats and meetings, write internal knowledge products such as blogs and organize brown bags
- Support communications for results reporting and learning
- Support smooth functioning of various other tasks with assigned tasks as necessary and other responsibilities as identified
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ experience; or Master’s degree and 8 years’ experience in a social science, organizational development, development studies or a related field highly preferred
Experience and Skills
- Prior experience in indicator development (including context indicators), data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and statistical methods
- Demonstrated ability in using monitoring data to review programming, trends, and activity needs and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to respond to new information
- Experience in the creation and use of spreadsheets and databases is desirable
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong familiarity with USAID’s Evaluation Policy and CLA practices preferred
- Understanding of knowledge management as it relates to USAID programs an asset
- Ability to work with host-country governments at different levels
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Previous work experience in India required
- Familiarity with USAID/India Mission is preferred
- Superior skills in written and verbal English required
- Citizens of India are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.