Social Protection specialist (Full-time: 220 days/year)
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree (or equivalent diploma) in the relevant fields (social sciences, economics, law, health). In its absence, the master degree can be replaced by 5 years of professional experience in one or more of these fields, in addition to the minimum general professional experience;
- Proficiency in English, including writing official documents (at least level C1).
- Good command of spoken and written French (at least level B2).
General professional experience
- At least 12 years of professional experience, covering social protection policy development, programme formulation, management, monitoring and evaluation in the area of social protection (of which at least 4 years in developing countries in the field);
- Professional experience with EU development programmes and policies including EU financial instruments in external relations;
- Professional experience with design and provision of trainings and training material.
- Previous experience related to EU programmes in partner countries;
- Good command of digital engagement methods including digital meeting facilitation, digital co-creation, etc. and capacity to deliver and analyse surveys using remote contact methods and processing open source data sets.
Specific professional experience
- Professional experience of at least 5 years with key aspects of contributory and non-contributory social protection, and labour market interventions, demonstrated by relevant missions, assignments and/or publications in the development cooperation context;
- Professional experience of at least 3 years with the international policies and strategies related to social protection;
- Professional experience with the development and implementation of social protection in development and humanitarian contexts, including nexus strategies;
- Professional experience linking social protection with public finance management; Professional experience with digital solutions for social protection (registration, service delivery, monitoring…).