WWF-Myanmar is now inviting applications for Consultant for Designing & Developing a Remote Monitoring and Evaluation system and set of Tools who will be working in May & June 2022 by working from home with virtual meetings.
We are WWF, one of the world’s leading nature conservation organizations. We have been working for nearly 60 years and have offices in 100 countries, and started the programme in Myanmar in 2014 just before the country’s first democratic elections. Find out more at www.wwf.org.mm.
WWF is collaborating and working with partner CSOs and community focal points in implementing activities on the ground and working to adapt our M&E and learning tools and systems to ensure accountability and reporting of progress and impact through community focal points and CSO partners. We wish to explore remote monitoring and evaluation of our programme, this could include:
- Third party monitoring and verification of our projects, including through local civil society organizations.
- Further supporting community facilitators to actively participate in monitoring and evaluation to capture and send data to WWF on project activities - including quantitative data and qualitative data through surveys and focus groups
Objective of the consultancy
The objective of this consultancy is to design and develop monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems and tools for activity implementation in the field using high quality and meaningful data collection methods. The consultant will work closely with the Strategy and Impact team and support the capacity needs for effectively conducting remote M&E. WWF-Myanmar has existing monitoring and evaluation frameworks at the whole of office, landscape and project level. The system and tools the consultant develops for the remote M&E should be aligned with the existing M&E frameworks.
Scope of work/ Major responsibility
The consultant will work with the Strategy and Impact team to develop the system and tools for remote monitoring and evaluation of project activity implementation.
- Design tools and system for remote M&E and capacity building on M&E topics, specifically focusing on how we can support community and civil society partners
- Provide tools and methods for data collection for areas out of the mobile network and internet
The detailed Outputs/ deliverable of performance and time schedule can be seen at
- Master-level education in any of the following: Development studies, Conservation studies, Sustainability studies or similar.
- At least ten years of working experience on monitoring and evaluation in a development context - experience working in countries identified as Fragile, Conflict and Violence affected (FCV)
- Excellent knowledge and comprehensive experience in developing monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies with a focus on remote monitoring and evaluation (in locations where field travel is difficult)
- Experience designing community-based monitoring and evaluation systems
- Good understanding and knowledge of the local context in Myanmar is a plus
- Good facilitation skills, in particular working with communities and civil society
Interested candidates should submit their application for this terms of reference by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com: with CV/ profile, Consultant proposal for how to fulfill the consultant assignment with estimated working days and daily rate by 5pm on 23rd May 2022 (Monday). Rate history and reference contact should also be included.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.