Final Evaluation of EUTF Regional Protection intervention with UNHCR
“Enhancing self-reliance and access to rights for refugees and asylum-seekers in North Africa”
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union and the interested stakeholders with:
- An overall independent assessment of the performance of the three interventions in their entirety, paying particular attention to their different levels of results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- Key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve future interventions.
THEMATIC EXPERT (CAT II)
Qualifications and Skills
- at least a Master Degree Academic level of education on law, political sciences, social sciences, international relations, diplomatic studies, development studies and migration and refugees studies or an equivalent Academic Degree complemented by at least 3 years of equivalent professional experience
-proven knowledge of EU rules and procedures applicable to EU funded external assistance;
- proven experience in working with multiple stakeholders and government and international organizations;
- proven diplomatic skills and proven knowledge of the do-no harm principle and methodology.
General Professional Experience
- at least 5 years of experience on migration, refugees and asylum seekers and international cooperation;
- at least 2 years including in the conceptualisation, design, management and implementation of M&E systems
- proven knowledge of international and regional frameworks and policies relating to migration, forced displacement, protection, the humanitarian-development nexus and socio-economic integration of refugees and host communities. Concrete experience in delivering such approaches would be considered an advantage
Specific Professional Experience
- proven professional experience in successfully leading at least 2 evaluations where the evaluation of EU-funded programmes and projects would be considered as an advantage.
- proven experience of successfully conducting the evaluation of at least 3 programme and projects on migration and/or on asylum seekers and refugees
- Proven experience of successfully conducting evaluation in Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia will be considered as an advantage
- Command of Arabic minimum at level B2